• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Immagine stereofonica

Suono

Good morning, I am a new user, I would like to ask you this question. In stereo playback the sound develops deep behind the speaker line and within them, ideally continuing the listening triangle. Who can explain this phenomenon?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Good morning, I am a new user, I would like to ask you this question. In stereo playback the sound develops deep behind the speaker line and within them, ideally continuing the listening triangle. Who can explain this phenomenon?
Can you expound more on what you think you are hearing? Going off of the limited information maybe hearing Depth that is created by lower frequency bass that has very large wavelength and is omnidirectional to humans. When a stereo pair are placed close enough to each you get a boost in output and any boundaries (walls, floor celing) all create additional gain. Can you tell us what speakers you are using, what you are driving them with and a picture of their room location/placement (including room dimensions) will help with producing more accurate answers/advice. Does this happen with all genres of music or a particular genre and/or song?

Welcome Aboard @Suono :cool:

Top Bottom