• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Iem audio playback

CommonPebble

I have been using Iem's (mainly arias) for gaming but I have trouble with talking and using them.

I saw I can use a interface like wave xlr and evo 4. But currently I have a usb mic. Was wondering if there is a good software I could use for voice playback so I can hear my voice a little better.

Or if there is a better option to use for low latency voice playback. And if I need to get a xlr mic and interface what are some good options?

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
I guess you're on Windows?

I might try my luck with one of the Voicemeeter varieties. Not sure whether achieveable latency will be good enough, perhaps when using ASIO (get ASIO4All as well if needed).

Finding all applicable interfaces with direct monitoring and a monitor mix control may take some digging. The M-Audio AIR 192|4 would qualify, I'd have to look up @Julian Krause's measurements in order to be able to tell how suitable the headphone output is for IEMs though. Likewise for the NI Komplete Audio 1, Presonus Studio 24c, Tascam US-2x2HR or Audient iD4 MkII. (Not all interfaces are entirely happy being used as a general purpose audio output either.)

Top Bottom