• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to convert the EQ from Sonarworks SoundID to 10 Band PEQ?

Zwuckel

Forum Donor
Hi,

I have some setting in the demo of SoundID. Sound ID compensates my headphones to the flat level and then my aproximated Harman curve. I bought the Quedlix 5k which has a 10 band PEQ. I tried to replicate the setting with no success. Sometimes the bands are cancelling each other out. E.g. I tried with a 3000 peak with 6db and a low shelf at 4k with -9 db, but it´s effecting the 3k band. Is there a tutorial or something? Unfortunately the headphones have no AutoEQ setting and I couldn´t find settings in the web.

Thanks, Sebastian

Unbenannt.png

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
If there is a way to transfer your curves to REW you should be able to use its EQ module for this.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Use Room EQ Wizard and Audacity to measure the filter response of your current SoundID settings, then export the response as .CSV, import it into autoeq.app, and let it create a Qudelix 5K preset for you.

Here's an example of how to use REW and Audacity to measure a filter:

staticV3

Master Contributor
BTW, SoundID SR is already basically Harman, so applying a "Harman" correction on top of that will surely screw things up. Would not recommend.

Top Bottom