• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help finding job for Computational Physics PHD Candidate

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone.

My son's best friend lives in Scotland, finishing his PhD specializing in the combination of physics, mathematics and computing. He is looking for a job post graduation and is open to working elsewhere. Here is his background:

I have met him and am quite impressed with his technical abilities. He is also very sociable and smart.

I would imagine his experience is in demand in different areas as it is so hard to find people with this combination of disciplines. I appreciate it if you know of any academic or industry job openings applicable to his background. Feel free to start a conversation with me if you have any leads and I will pass it on to him.

Thanks a lot.

BillH

Forum Donor
A few suggestions. If he’s a US citizen, defense contractors or DOD Labs or where I work, MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
JHU Applied Physics Lab is another option similar to these.

Other options are DOE labs.

Another prime pathway for computational physicists is to do risk analysis for financial firms, insurance firms or global advisors.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have some contacts at NASA Glenn and energy-related contractors for them. PM if interested.:)

DoctorRobert

I work for ASML in the Netherlands. (Chip production equipment.) ASML has always options for (is in need of) people with a physics background. Take a look at careers at ASML.

quattro98

Forum Donor
Top Bottom