• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

has anyone here seen all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
Over here the first movie used to be cycled and recycled as a home theater demo movie... especially in salesroom settings.

I have seen the first movie and I think I have a copy somewhere as I remember playing this on my system.

My deepest memory is the shipboard scenes where the movie simulates you standing on the deck while the "Black Pearl" goes full sail speed and the deck bobs up and down and the sound of five channels and the rumbling sub is on max.... and its a very realistic feeling... I felt seasick... in my own home theater room.

But that's it. To me the pirate fantasy setting with depp and orlando bloom wasnt for me.

BUt what I found out is there's five movies... they want a sixth one to come because these movies mint money... and merch.

to me I would rather watch this set than the dire Fast n Furious franchise.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Nope - only the first one, which I quite enjoyed, and from which I still liberally quote my favorite lines, such as

ironic.gif

JSmith

Master Contributor
But like any franchise, only the first movie truly deserves attention.
To me that is much too general... Aliens, Terminator 2, The Godfather 2 are a few that spring to mind where it could even be argued that the sequels were better than the originals. :)

JSmith

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Seen none.

Know of their existence, though, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I got thru the third one and decided I'd had enough of the whole franchise. It wasn't even a very good ride at Disneyland :)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I rode the ride sometime prior to 1982 , if that counts...

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seen them all. The first was great. As with most sequels, they get exponentially worse with each iteration.

Martin

Top Bottom