• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FM300A clone amps

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

i'm not aware of the original amp this is based on... there seems to be a few clones of this on the usual places

i assume it will be pot luck on how YOUR unit actually sounds like

but I am a bit bemused by the fact it has dual vol. knobs... effectively L/R trimmers but the POWER button gives me nightmares

anyone who has worked industrial automation will recognise this button in many colors as a common thread in many many factories around the world

Thor8

i'm not aware of the original amp this is based on... there seems to be a few clones of this on the usual places

i assume it will be pot luck on how YOUR unit actually sounds like

but I am a bit bemused by the fact it has dual vol. knobs... effectively L/R trimmers but the POWER button gives me nightmares

anyone who has worked industrial automation will recognise this button in many colors as a common thread in many many factories around the world

I ordered one of these and I am very impressed by the sound. I believe I have the same model discussed in the video. I compared it to a (still working) Topping PA5 and an Audiophonics MPA M250NC (Hypex Ncore) which have shown good measurements based on ASR. The FM300a sounds better in my opinion. I would love to see how it measures.

The interesting thing is that the Fm300a really needed some time to burn in. But it already sounded pretty good at the beginning. From my experience this is sth. you don't see with the Class D amps often discussed at ASR. Anyway, it is a very good amp in my opinion.

And I know what you mean with the button, the design is not the best, but the original FM Acoustics from Switzerland looks very similar. My wife was not so amused when she first spotted the new amp in the living room ;).

wyup

I'm also intrigued by this amp based on IamMad enthusiastic review, who associates it to a renowned tube preamp. I also bought a Hypex 122 based amp and I am disappointed at its dry and coarse sound. A 250€ Onkyo integrated sounds more natural.

That's how I landed on this traditional old-school amp. How is your experience with it, is it worth it? Good construction? Did you buy on Aliexpress Brzhifi store? Which preamp are you using?

Last edited:
Top Bottom