• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

few questions for a new setup: preamp + diy amp

ldarieut

This is my first post! Hi everyone :)
My sources turntable and a boss alo dac on a Pi running picore player. I have other pi in the house all synchronized via Logitech media server.
My main room is equiped with old Triangle speakers and HK integrated amp from the 2000's where the two sources are plugged.

I want to upgrade the integrated amp to a DIY nc400 based amplifier. I have constructed many arduino/pi robots and IoT devices so I am not really afraid by soldering.

For the preamp, I am a bit puzzled because there doesn't seem to be much choice with both phono & line for a reasonable price (<1k). Jotunheim2 with a phono card looks promising. The Freya+ looked nice and exactly what I like, but it doesn't have a phono stage. Also NAD C165BEE ?
Any other idea I should consider?
I shoudl add that clean industrial look is more important to me than pure performance, all things considered. Given they will be plugged in nc400, XLR out is also desirable.

As for the speakers, I will probably keep them for now and upgrade them later.

Thanks for all the help you can provide!
Luc

Top Bottom