• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Just found this gem in a review on The Absolute Sound:

"You’ll also find, of course, an IEC power receptacle, but Tidal doesn’t provide power cords with any of its products, allowing the user to make a choice based on his budget and belief system."

You really cannot make this shit up.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor

"You’ll also find, of course, an IEC power receptacle, but Tidal doesn’t provide power cords with any of its products, allowing the user to make a choice based on his budget and belief system."

I like that statement as long as one takes it as "tongue in cheek." ;)

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

And then there's this:

''Janczak agrees with most that a 44.1kHz sampling rate is “a pretty rough way to emulate the original soundwave.''

Designing and selling digital products, doesn't even grasp the basics. Epic fail.

CapMan

Major Contributor
I have a hard time processing a product like this as anything but an obscenity
It is exactly that. This came to mind with the review !

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.”

The first measurement comes at 2’04” - it’s weight - and even that is subjective :facepalm:

Last edited:

ta240

Major Contributor
I have a hard time processing a product like this as anything but an obscenity:

Several years ago MIT, the company behind those cables was having an online going out of business sale through an auction house. Most of their lots were at about 5% of retail and nearing the end when they pulled the sale and apparently decided to stay in business.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Several years ago MIT, the company behind those cables was having an online going out of business sale through an auction house. Most of their lots were at about 5% of retail and nearing the end when they pulled the sale and apparently decided to stay in business.
Maybe liquidated inventory to make payroll.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do not overlook the value of that video.

It makes use of every tired meme, trope, and buzzword in the obfuscatory word lexicon in the hobby.

It is a masterpiece of jargon - perhaps the best I've seen in decades.

I wonder if the script was written by Machina Dynamica.

Last edited:
Top Bottom