• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Roland68

Major Contributor

Rhamnetin

One memorable piece of audiophoolery I've experienced was at a NY Audio Show, during which some company was trying to sell this wooden panel for $30k / $15k for a smaller one or vice versa. They claimed it will improve sound stage. An audiophool's idea of room treatment I suppose, but I don't think this worked for the company.

g0aEyGp.jpg

Last edited:

GaryY

Forum Donor
I hope this is joke.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_034353_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_034353_Samsung Internet.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 122

droid2000

One memorable piece of audiophoolery I've experienced was at a NY Audio Show, during which some company was trying to sell this wooden panel for $30k / $15k for a smaller one or vice versa. They claimed it will improve sound stage. An audiophool's idea of room treatment I suppose, but I don't think this worked for the company.

g0aEyGp.jpg
I hope you openly mocked their attempts at theft.

MarkS

Major Contributor
I hope this is joke.

The joke is on anyone who buys one.

The Extender produces no sound and is also not a supertweeter. You cannot measure or hear any sound coming from The Extender. The Extender emits a signal which communicates direct with the brain.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The joke is on anyone who buys one.

It does communicate directly to your brain , via the placebo effect :) so the sales pitch is not entirely incorrect...

JiiPee

I urge extreme caution with the usage of Extender Torsion Field Generator! The design does not take into account the effect of torsion fields reflected by the listening room walls. Scientific measurements made by professor Kusetus show that the generated total torsion field effect can be strong enough to twist the brain of the listener permanently!

Fortunately, there is a solution. Our newly developed Torsion Field Reflection Protector Kusetus 3000 is carefully designed to minimize the effect of reflected torsion fields. It is easy to use: Just cover Your head with it. It is also easily portable with a convenient handle. Price is only 999 € for the standard red model and other colors are available at extra cost.
muovi.jpeg

Last edited:

OnLyTNT

I urge extreme caution with the usage of Extender Torsion Field Generator! The design does not take into account the effect of torsion fields reflected by the listening room walls. Scientific measurements made by professor Kusetus show that the generated total torsion field effect can be strong enough to twist the brain of the listener permanently!

Fortunately, there is a solution. Our newly developed Torsion Field Reflection Protector Kusetus 3000 is carefully designed to minimize the effect of reflected torsion fields. It is easy to use: Just cover Your head with it. It is also easily portable with a convenient handle. Price is only 999 € for the standard red model and other colors are available at extra cost.
View attachment 341829
Actually this bucket can make more audible difference, if you put your head in it. Furthermore, just may be, it can turn you into a good guitarist :). Money well spent!

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

View attachment 341829
It gives a real 360 envelope to all sound :)

AdrianusG

View attachment 341829
Striking combination, red bucket, black handle, i like it LOL
a real attribution to any modern interior even when not worn;)

Short38

Did not see a CE label or UL approval tag on this Audiophile Personal Protective Equipment. Is a certified version available?

JiiPee

Did not see a CE label or UL approval tag on this Audiophile Personal Protective Equipment. Is a certified version available?
At the moment, the certification is still pending due to some unfortunate circumstances.

Initially, our measurements seemed to suggest that the torsion field reflected from the floor would play a significant role in the total cumulative field strength, and therefore our first solution - Torsion Field Reflection Protector Kusetus 2000 - was based on a concept of preventing such field components entering into listeners head. This was achieved by using a flexible protector that could be tightened around the neck with a rubber band:
kassi.jpeg

Later we discovered that only the wall reflected horizontal field components mattered, which lead us to develop the more robust model 3000, that could be left open from one end.

However, we had already submitted the original model 2000 to officials for certification, and their field testing apparently led to some regrettable incidents. The advancement of science sometimes requires sacrifices. Anyway, we decided to change the color of our new model 3000 to red to avoid any confusion between the models.

Short38

Thank you for the update. Sounds like the prior version will pale in comparison to the new!

I can only hope that the unfortunate incidents encountered during certification testing did not harm any test subjects.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think there is a specific snake oil thread, just for efficiency!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have some audiophile 110V outlets available at insane prices. PM me.... LOL

Top Bottom