• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Eckerslad

Rhodium, crystals, infra-red, etc

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Rhodium, crystals, infra-red, etc
This is criminally insane … :oops:

Short38

Book a room at the Overlook Hotel for the upcoming TweakerFest. Lectures and demonstrations from Audioquest, Furtech, and Jack Torrance Audio….

Eckerslad

Attachments

• IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    456.5 KB · Views: 105

NYfan2

Forum Donor
The article is very clear: "Maybe you’re one of the enlightened listeners out there"
So we are definetly not the enlightened listeners that all this stuff is made for!

Well good thing about not being an enlightened listener is that we save ourself a lot of money ;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably a $50 netgear switch inside. It operates at a "low noise" 100MBps as well.
I suspect a lot of woo-woo stuff is the cheapest junk they can find put into a "high-end" package. I mean, why not. The buyers aren't quite compos mentis.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for this, very entertaining video pointing out how insanely stupid/useless these products are.

It was somewhat fun, just seeing a variety of goofy audio woo woo products mocked. But I was hoping for (and prefer) a more concise, targeted, technical take down of this stuff, like Amir provides.

ta240

Major Contributor
It was somewhat fun, just seeing a variety of goofy audio woo woo products mocked. But I was hoping for (and prefer) a more concise, targeted, technical take down of this stuff, like Amir provides.
I was thinking the same thing. It is entertainment for those that already don't believe, but nothing there would sway even someone on the fence about the items.

Platypus20

Forum Donor
I did not buy it, but I actually touched a $4500 power cord today, it was about 2” in diameter and a hideous reddish tan color, I saw the price and almost lost my lunch.

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've seen a few of these come up for sale in the classifieds section of a UK HiFi forum (that tends to the very subjective). Or maybe it's the same one going round and round... Always advertised in glowing terms by the seller about the huge differences it made. Makes you wonder why they're selling really. Maybe they could just be trying to get shot of the useless thing to the next gullible idiot :) ?
Ya think?

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I think they've been metioned quite a few times already, but I was just reminded of Van den Hul in another thread, and had a look at their website for fun.

Their "Health Rings" has to be a contender for the most ridiculous snake-oil product ever: https://www.vandenhul.com/product/health-ring/

It unapologetically combines the original "health product" snake-oil concept, as old as economy itself, with modern audio woo.

AdrianusG

I think they've been metioned quite a few times already, but I was just reminded of Van den Hul in another thread, and had a look at their website for fun.

Their "Health Rings" has to be a contender for the most ridiculous snake-oil product ever: https://www.vandenhul.com/product/health-ring/

It unapologetically combines the original "health product" snake-oil concept, as old as economy itself, with modern audio woo.
Hi,

I remember that his company was the first to use Carbon conductors in digital interlinks, or more specifically for 75 Ohm coax cables (somewhere in the 80ies i believe), claiming to deliver more analogue sound, don't know if that's true or not, never tried, but when i see this....:facepalm::eek:

Feel ashamed to be Dutch right now.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
don't know if that's true or not, never tried

It's complete BS. They were deep in the rabbit hole already back then, and they've just kept digging ever since.

Feel ashamed to be Dutch right now.

No need. All nations probably have their share of voodoo audio companies.

I know Denmark has quite a few, despite our proud tradition of actual audio innovation. Three of them even have the audacity to join forces and call themselves "Audio Group Denmark". What a joke :facepalm:

AdrianusG

It's complete BS. They were deep in the rabbit hole already back then, and they've just kept digging ever since.

No need. All nations probably have their share of voodoo audio companies.

I know Denmark has quite a few, despite our proud tradition of actual audio innovation. Three of them even have the audacity to join forces and call themselves "Audio Group Denmark". What a joke :facepalm:
Yeah,

I know one of them, Aavik, they just launched an outrageously expensive DAC / Streamer, costs somewhere around 30.000 Euro's I think

Aavik SD-880 flagship streamer/DAC​

FAKED-SD-880_Aavik-PowerAmp880-Top-BlackOrange_Total-DESKTOP-4K-LANDING-min.webp

aavik21.jpg

AdrianusG

Yeah,

I know one of them, Aavik, they just launched an outrageously expensive DAC / Streamer, costs somewhere around 30.000 Euro's I think

Aavik SD-880 flagship streamer/DAC​

FAKED-SD-880_Aavik-PowerAmp880-Top-BlackOrange_Total-DESKTOP-4K-LANDING-min.webp

aavik21.jpg
I stand corrected, it just costs 67.000 Euro's, my bad!:facepalm:.

Now, i'm no Car lover, not at all in fact, but i think you can buy a pretty nice Car for this kind of money.

Last edited:

Galliardist

Major Contributor

They've been on sale for seven years and specifications are "following". And there seems to be no actual published evidence that these rings work. As always, it is for the maker to prove the efficacy of the product.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I stand corrected, it just costs 67.000 Euro's, my bad!:facepalm:
The :facepalm: goes two words to the left though ;)

No physical buttons, that won't be a nice experience, and for the money, you don't even get XLR outputs. And oh boy:

1703247874348.png

:facepalm:

And there is much more where that came from:

Active square Tesla coils

Impressive noise reduction.
The active square Tesla coils are embedded in our circuitry boards – one coil on the top and the counter coil on the rear side. The principle is exactly the same as the active Tesla coil and thus a great ability to eliminate noise than the passive Tesla coil.

Analog dither technology 3rd generation

A 3rd generation of the Ansuz analog dither technology has been developed. Analog dither technology originated in radar, where it ensured a stronger signal and thus greater range. The active Tesla coils send pulsating signals at precisely defined frequencies. These signals are sent in anti-phase. This significantly amplifies the musical signal and eliminates the background noise floor.

Analysis and studies have led to new options – and a lot of listening has resulted in this 3rd generation design which is a further optimization of the most effective frequencies which opens the soundscape even more and with the tiniest details when it comes to reproduction of the recordings.

Active zirconium anti aerial resonance Tesla coil

Based on Ansuz general curiosity on the properties of different materials, Ansuz has implemented a zirconium bar in their anti aerial resonance coil design. This is another impressive upgrade to the Ansuz anti aerial resonance coil technology.

The properties of this zirconium bar allow for unprecedented resonance control resulting in outstanding musical refinement that creates a natural soundstage, unrivalled in its purity, precision and attention to musical detail.

Ansuz Darkz Z2 Signature included

Each of the Aavik 880’s four feet is designed to accommodate an Ansuz Darkz resonance control device. Four Ansuz Darkz Z2s are therefore always included in the Aavik 880 model.

Ansuz Darkz resonance control devices absorb vibrations that are not directly related to the signal path. The absorption results in an audible vibration feedback, which affects the sound quality. Ansuz Darkz consist of 3 discs separated by 3 titanium ball bearings. The Ansuz Darkz Z2S is unique due to the zirconium which is used in it. The resonance control from using zirconium results in an outstanding musical refinement. The Darkz Z2 Signature is further acoustically optimized with the exclusive Ansuz Signature coating on each disc. Finally, the interalyer balls are in Tungsten, which is a premium material in terms of stability and resonance control. The result is an amazing natural soundstage, unrivalled in its purity, precision, and attention to musical details.

And obviously not a single relevant spec about its performance other than the output voltage :facepalm:

Top Bottom