• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is a Dutch idiom isn't it? Something along the lines of uncovering the truth?
... or it means that your pet primate likes to play hide 'n seek. Monkeys in sleeves... mayonnaise on fries... hookers in windows... gotta love the Dutch.

napfkuchen

I really like his recent videos about acoustic room treatment and multi-subwoofer placement, this is just confusing.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

robwpdx

Something in my memory may recall Modwright doing this.

https://www.audio-magic.com/ has some creative writing

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Crystals are a good starting point on the holistic upgrade path but I had my system blessed by the Dali Lama and the improvements in soundstage, instrument separation and overall 'musicality were subtle but obvious.

Of course my system was already highly resolving so don't expect to hear any differences if you have not spent enough money yet.

(note the Lama does not offer this as a service, he only did it for me as we are old drinking buddies).

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you please define "real"? Like Cartesian real? (Cogito ergo sum)... or as in... "Dude... Is this guy for real?" :cool:
Lol! As in, he takes himself seriously.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the cable insulation not enough?
Here on the internet, discerning audiophiles hear to -300dBc. No telling what odd effects they hear.

Music707

Well, I received it as a voluntary gift from (according to her own words) a free and happy fairy. I hope you would not have expected otherwise from a fellow ASR member.

goat76

Major Contributor
Here on the internet, discerning audiophiles hear to -300dBc. No telling what odd effects they hear.

Here in Sweden, we have the same problem with the fog twice a year, it got something to do with temperature shifts either going from winter to summer or from summer to winter. It is a very annoying thing for us audiophiles because it got such a harmful effect on the sound, luckily it's just for a few days but I heard from other people that those Fog Lifters do make a big difference.

nerdstrike

What other material would give you speaker capabilities in the MHz? That'll justify continued growth in sampling rates too.

Top Bottom