• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP Engine: Parametric equalizer - settings for Astell & Kern Pathfinder

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok thanks for the response.

i have no idea what that means. I‘ll try and look for the information.

Mike
Hey Mike. Welcome :)

Found this online:
Switching to Advance, turns EQ adjustment into Semi-Parametric EQ with a full GUI view of EQ shape where underneath you have FREQ band selection (a choice of 20), Gain selection in 0.1 and 0.01 steps, and Q bandwidth. Since bands frequency is fixed, I consider this to be semi-Parametric EQ.

Can you try to see you can do that and see if you can change the Q or Bandwidth?

Redmick1978

Hi there, thanks for the response. Yes it does see picture attached. :)

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_9601.jpeg
    IMG_9601.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 32

Redmick1978

I’m not sure how you achieve this with EQ settings. All new to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.png
    IMG_0065.png
    817.5 KB · Views: 23

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi there, thanks for the response. Yes it does see picture attached. :)

Mike
Great.

EQ settings are effectively a set of filters. And in this context filters have 3 basic parameters, Frequency, Gain and Bandwidth. Frequency is straight forward I presume. Gain is the height of the filter, so to speak, and Bandwidth is its width. You can think of Q is the conjugate of bandwidth, almost like 1 / Bandwidth i.e. bigger the Q, narrower the filter.

In order to offer you EQ settings, one needs to know the capabilities of your EQ system. It looks like in A&K SP3000 one can chose Gain and Q freely, but frequencies are fixed.

To get the EQ settings you want, you can go to autoeq, select Campfire Audio Pathfinder as the headphone, and on the bottom left side, enter the frequencies available to you to EQ in the list one by one, selecting Peaking filter type putting -10 / 10 to min and max gain, and 0.7, 10 to min and max q for each of them.

Here is the example for the first two for reference.

1707065874678.png

Once that is all done, you can see the filters at the bottom.

You can also change the target and see which one works best for you.

leo5111

I can make you some. Do you have a Windows PC where you can use Equalizer Apo for A/Bing the presets? And do you already have a preferred target curve?
can you make me a Rock Preset for a astell7kern sa700? and if so how do i load the preset in? thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
can you make me a Rock Preset for a astell7kern sa700? and if so how do i load the preset in? thanks
Without first measuring how Astell&Kern's implementation of EQ functions, I cannot confidently create a preset for it.
I'm sorry.

Top Bottom