• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DROP will be shutting down their EU warehouse

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just saw this posted by Drop on reddit:

Hey everyone, just a quick update that at the end of 2019 (around Dec 25th) we'll be shutting down our EU Warehouse. Unfortunately the transaction volumes from this warehouse are insufficient to justify the continued operation of it. Two pieces of good news for EU users: 1) We've paid VAT to move everything there, so we'd really rather sell the products within the EU, than move them back to the US warehouse... so all the prices are slashed significantly... Time for some last minute holiday gifts. Second news is that we're exploring expedited, VAT-prepaid shipments to the EU from our USA warehouse. We're hoping to have that up and running by Q1 2020, and I've convinced management (at least initially) to subsidize some of these shipping costs so that pricing would be at parity with our EU warehouse experience. We really wanted the EU warehouse to work but alas it hasn't and we've got to try something different.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/eaqz6y
They said the prices are already reduced:

https://drop.com/all-communities/drops/european-collection?mode=shop_open

I have no affiliation with Drop or any audio manufacturer or anything related. A friend bought me a pair of Sennheiser HD 58X headphones for my birthday, but that's the extent of my experience with anything from Drop. Just thought this info might be of use to members here.

Jumbotron

"Second news is that we're exploring expedited, VAT-prepaid shipments to the EU from our USA warehouse. We're hoping to have that up and running by Q1 2020, and I've convinced management (at least initially) to subsidize some of these shipping costs so that pricing would be at parity with our EU warehouse experience".

If I am not wrong, that is roughly how Amazon Global program works, which I personally like. I hope it works well for everyone.

Top Bottom