• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Downsizing and going actives: Buchardt A10 or JBL 4329p ?

Actives?

• JBL 4329p

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Buchardt A10

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Dynaudio Focus 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynaudio Focus 30

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

superelmar

First post here!

Greetings from Spain.

I'm absolutely decided to go actives path and would like to have your advice, cause the closes place to have a listening session is 6 hours by car.

After dealing with so many boxes, speakers, cables, etc I just wanna go simple, two speakers, two powercords and a Turntable with phono preamp in, that's it, will make me feel released and my wife happy LoL.

I'd like to get a Dutch&Dutch 8C or maybe Kii Three (or wait for news Seven), but right now only can afford one of those two, until I get rid off all my gear.

What would be your recommendation? Also looked at the Dynaudio Focus range, but wanna stay under 10k-5k€.

I tried a lot of things during the last 5 years, Leben, Mastersound, McIntosh, lavardin, Harbeth, Devore, Sonus Faber, Octave, Audio Physic... the only one I really liked were Devore and Meyer Tonapparate (which I still have), Acoustic Plan, long etc. At the end just wanna have fun, plug and play and enjoy with nice quality.

Thanks in advance!

Elder

Have you considered the Neumann KH150's?

Currently saving for a pair myself!

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buchardt has Purefi woofers now??

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
I am wondering about the size and shape of your space. I know the A10s can be configured to go very close to the rear wall, and the Dynaudios can, as well. The JBL is supposed to be a great system, but it is BIG, and may also need to be placed a bit into the room, making them take up even more space. Is that a factor? Personally, because of the Master Tunings, I think I would go with the A10s (I think they also may go the deepest of all of your choices for bass), but I also think ALL of your choices are great. Incidentally, I have the KEF LS50 Wireless II with 2 KC62 subs and am very happy.

Last edited:
OP
S

superelmar

I need to place them against the wall at least till July, when we coming back our home for the summer, then on September, another moving, and finally July 2025 settle at home where space is like 28-30sqm, now is a ****** high cellar room but pretty small open kitchen.

Thanks for advice, I'm not a mastering or mixing guy, just hifi and want to reduce boxes to the minimum without losing sound quality, so would like a speakers that fill the room now and then when back home.

Mostly Jazz, Bossanova, Flamenco, Acoustic guitar, vocals, Folk, Soul, and in a lesser degree classic rock or reggae.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
First post here!

Greetings from Spain.

I'm absolutely decided to go actives path and would like to have your advice, cause the closes place to have a listening session is 6 hours by car.

After dealing with so many boxes, speakers, cables, etc I just wanna go simple, two speakers, two powercords and a Turntable with phono preamp in, that's it, will make me feel released and my wife happy LoL.

I'd like to get a Dutch&Dutch 8C or maybe Kii Three (or wait for news Seven), but right now only can afford one of those two, until I get rid off all my gear.

What would be your recommendation? Also looked at the Dynaudio Focus range, but wanna stay under 10k-5k€.

I tried a lot of things during the last 5 years, Leben, Mastersound, McIntosh, lavardin, Harbeth, Devore, Sonus Faber, Octave, Audio Physic... the only one I really liked were Devore and Meyer Tonapparate (which I still have), Acoustic Plan, long etc. At the end just wanna have fun, plug and play and enjoy with nice quality.

Thanks in advance!
My only slight concern is that neither the Kiis or 8Cs are at all similar to Devore loudspeakers so you must hear any possibles in your room.
Also because both have real bass extension to get the best out of them you will need to acoustically measure, D&D offer a remote commissioning service.
Keith

Top Bottom