• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Doing a test (3th time) lasering away etch resists for planar tweeters or headphones DIY

Joppe Peelen

I normally plot coils for my uses its clean and no etching, but there are projects i need a higher resistance out of a smaller foil. ... and plotting can only do so small..so
i bought a second hand Neje 2S Max, (cut down in size :( ) but with the 40640 laser.. a dual diode laser with 12 watt of light output and a consumption of around 40... if the stats are right.. in any case it has waaaaay more power then any cheap 6-10 watt diode i ever used for sure. (stupid aliexpress poo) i try eveporate the paint layer that acts as etch resist. and etch some foils on different laser power ratings. see what happens !

Last edited:
OP
Joppe Peelen

Joppe Peelen

well i used a wax printer, problem is wax is getting harder to get hold off and the thing hogs allot of power in standby, and if i would power it up only when i want to use it it purges 10 euro of ink each time and i might need to clean nozles wasting even more wax.
so far its not reliable yet. since i did only the tests and i need to test way more settings , only then i could say its reliable or not. i do know i hate etching etc, its stinks and stains really quickly. unlike small pcb's this is rather messy. i just notice at least one sweater is a casualty of a stain haha

Top Bottom