• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Distortion products are fish

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Rather than buying this $10k amp to get that fishy experience, perhaps the prospective buyer should instead consider an alternate wearable accessory to well executed Purifi amps that will achieve this experience without the extra distortion:

View attachment 78887

And before the objectivist claims these should have no impact on your system’s sound quality, I ask you: Have you tried these? If not, then how can you tell me they don’t work?

I don't know, doesn't look like Herb's style:

maxres1.jpg

But you never know, I have seen stranger.

mnemonix

Checking first for hum, I put my ears to the speaker panels and heard only silence. When I examined the chassis with my stethoscope, I realized the sound was originating from behind the front panel, where the 1kVA transformer is bolted. I presumed the buzz was caused by the natural magnetostriction of the transformer coils being amplified by the amp's chassis and the diaphragm of my 1920s wood floor.

Seeking a quick cure, I placed the Veros PWR+ on a Harmonic Resolution Systems M3X-1719-AMG GR LF isolation platform, whereupon the buzz was reduced to a point of serene inaudibility. With the LKV amp on the HRS platform, the sound of music recordings became noticeably purer, with sharper focus. A few days later, on a whim, I switched from the LKV-supplied generic power cord to an AudioQuest Tornado cord, which added bass punch, presence, sharper focus, and more silent silence.

:facepalm:

Omar Cumming

So our fearless reviewer adds a $950 "magic" power cord and a $1500 "magic" base to a $10000 amp to cure an obvious design deficiency, a hum prone transformer bolted to the front panel and pronounces the amp wonderful.

I have no words for such idiocy.

Top Bottom