• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC/AMP Combo Recommendations for Earbud & IEM User

shenshen

Title, I mainly use earbuds and IEM's (though I do occasionally use HP's) and wanted some recommendations on a DAC/AMP combo unit.

I'm looking to spend around $200 and am mostly considering the Topping DX3 Pro+ and SMSL C200. I've also thought about some dongle-type DAC/AMP units, but haven't really landed on one (maybe BTR7)? I'm not totally against getting a stack, but I prefer a combo unit to save on space and clutter.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just got a Sound blaster X1 and having a lot of fun with it. Enough power for many headphones, but in a carry case with my Venture Electronics VE Monk ear buds it's so easy to carry around. Also works on my Android phone. I just set it to stereo mode and the settings save so you don't need the software.
I have the Topping Dx7 Pro and it's nice for demanding headphones, but the X1 wins for portability and great sound quality.

mvnchies

I just got a Sound blaster X1 and having a lot of fun with it. Enough power for many headphones, but in a carry case with my Venture Electronics VE Monk ear buds it's so easy to carry around. Also works on my Android phone. I just set it to stereo mode and the settings save so you don't need the software.
I have the Topping Dx7 Pro and it's nice for demanding headphones, but the X1 wins for portability and great sound quality.
I also just got the X1 and it's very nice so far. I don't know if it's as good as the https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...tive-sxfi-amp-review-headphone-adapter.21636/
but I really like it so far. dead silent with my Moondrop Arya and NiceHCK Vido (my 2 most sensitive ones) and more than enough power for my full-size Beyerdynamic headphones.

Top Bottom