• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cowboy BeBop Live Action.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a personal mantra about not remaking classics especially when it comes to Anime and Anime titles being turned into Live action because it doesnt do any justice to the original work.

But the teaser's and final trailer from Netflix has me interested in giving this a watch and see what comes of it. Plus they retained Yoko Kanno for the soundtrack which only means it'll be on repeat.

Tks

Major Contributor
Honestly, live action has always been a fail in my book (similar to movie based video games that have up until recently 99% been trash).

This trailer I hoped would be good so bad, but it just didn't do it for me. The casting is meh, and the writing is just too comedic for my liking. I can't get Harold from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle out of my mind when I see this actor :|

OP
_thelaughingman

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This unfortunately will tank if there is too much of a comedic tilt to the script because the original has a very fine balance through it's story telling. They definitely could have picked a different set of actors for this but we shall see how it pans out.

Reactions: Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
I know it's not really "live action" per se, but the recent Venom movies were supremely disappointing to me. I waited since I was a kid (since the conclusion of Spiderman 3 from WAY back in the day) for what I took to be morons in the movie industry to start making more comic book based movies, and hoping Venom would make an appearance one day.

Be careful what you wish for never rang harder... Now I wouldn't watch any of these comic book based movies. Just awful for me personally..

Triliza

Forum Donor
What brand are the speakers they have in their lounge? They can be seen on the first episode at around 13 minutes from the beginning.

30 Ounce

I am not an anime fan, my children are huge fans though. I watched this entire series and was completely entertained! I watched a few minutes of the anime series and was bored immediately…I just didn’t get it…

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not an anime fan, my children are huge fans though. I watched this entire series and was completely entertained! I watched a few minutes of the anime series and was bored immediately…I just didn’t get it…c
I'm only into the fourth episode, but I'm very entertained as well. Interplanetary bounty hunters? How could it take itself seriously? Cool jazz , loads of martial arts and cinema noir tropes with a splash of buddy pic thrown in. What's not to like?

Morla

Forum Donor
They changed the story quite a bit. Ein and the Hacker Girl for example. Also even in the first episode why couldn't they keep the
Girl carrying the RedEye as is. She was supposed to shoot her guy after he overdosed with RedEye in the end..

Triliza

Forum Donor
Only those who haven't seen the original anime will be able to watch this.
That's true with about everything lately it seems. The Wheel of Time it's not working at all for me, although I'll watch it because the process of remembering things from the books is at least fun. Meanwhile, series I haven't read the books beforehand, like Foundation for example, aren't as bad as people that have read it make it be.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Only those who haven't seen the original anime will be able to watch this.

I’ve seen the anime, but I think I’ll give it a watch if I find the time. It’s often difficult to match previous expectations and… live action remakes almost always fall short one way or the other.

Top Bottom