• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Corsair Acquires Drop (aka Massdrop)

DonR

Major Contributor

Corsair is adding to its growing empire of PC gaming-focused companies with a deal to purchase assets from Drop, an enthusiast keyboard boutique known for keyboards, mechanical switches, other parts for building your own mechanical keyboard, as well as other peripherals.

Drop is joining Elgato, Scuf Gaming, and Origin under the Corsair umbrella. At least from outside, those brands have operated relatively separately from the Corsair mothership, which also makes its own PCs, peripherals, and components. We've reached out to Corsair to learn what exactly the "certain assets" it is acquiring are, and will update this story if we learn more.

The companies didn't detail the financial terms of the deal, other than to note they were "all-cash" and "non-material."

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes lets hope they don't tank the audio section with crappy headsets. If you've seen a Best Buy, they probably won't be able to resist filling Drop up with their product lines. I've had their whole product line through the business over the years, a Yincrow X6 for $10 can beat all their stuff.

OP
D

DonR

Major Contributor
Their collabs with Sennheiser was great. They did some excellent keyboards. Corsair though... ugh.

phillycl

Ever since the acquisition was announced, there have been minimal headphone deals at Drop. The only reason I continue to check the website is because I have reward points to use up.

Top Bottom