• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Classic Vincent Sells For $929,000

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sometimes the Brits get things right, and the Vincent Motorcycle as near the top of the list.
Talk about a Classic V-Twin!
"What was once the fastest motorcycle in the world has set another record after being sold at auction for nearly a million bucks."
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/01...ycle-auctioned-for-record-setting-929000.html

Also made famous in song by Richard Thompson and the Rumor And Sigh album,
Great song and he has my taste in women too..
"Oh says Red Molly to James "That's a fine motorbike. A girl could feel special on any such like" Says James to Red Molly "My hat's off to you It's a Vincent Black Lightning, 1952. And I've seen you at the corners and cafes it seems Red hair and black leather, my favourite colour scheme" And he pulled her on behind and down to Boxhill they did ride"
1516988020068.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I was listening to Rumor and Sigh just last night.

Now there might not be too many motorcycles I wouldn't like one way or another. I wouldn't pay that for the Vincent however. But then again I like parallel twins over V-twins.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom