• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Gyosa1

CA’s firmware updates are glacially slow - if they come at all …
I’ve owned an 851n for years and am disappointed that it won’t do Tidal hi-res FLAC.
and , it’s NOT a hardware limitation….
personally , I’ll never buy another CA.

BK

tonapo

Congratulation, is the CXN 100 always upsampling and can't be changed in Roon like its predecessor CXN V2?
I have a CXN100 and I have had a few emails back and forth with Cambridge Audio support asking questions, I asked about this and got the answer "The CXN100 doesn't upsample any incoming files, so it will output whatever sample rate and signal that is sent to it". I have not had chance to check this yet, I thought most DACs upsample as a matter of course. So I am undecided whether its worth sending over up-sampled content from Roon. You can certainly do it in Roon, I have tried, but whether its worth doing...

OP
My adventures in stereo

My adventures in stereo

Have been using it since the start of this thread and am really enjoying it so far
Not missing having eq or tone controls
I like the sound it produces
Running it through XLR in for the minidsp SHD
It makes Spotify bearable

Sgt. Pepper

I've spent the last two days comparing the V2 to the new 100. As soon as I turned it on, the difference in sound quality, staging and overall improvement was immediately noticeable. I'm extremely pleased with its performance and ease of use. The wide variety of built in services such as Tidal, Spotify, Quobuz and internet stations make content so easy to access. It's Roon ready. Throw in Airplay and Chromecast and the possibilities are almost endless. I played a variety of sources that included flac and DSD. FLAC was
outstanding while DSD was incredible. IMHO, It's an absolute winner. The Stream Magic app is a pressure to use with it. I'm using XLR connections to an Emotiva XSP-1 and XPA-2. Speakers are KEF LS50 metas. It's difficult to find one to buy. But if you're persistent, you can track one down.

Peerke007

Have been using it since the start of this thread and am really enjoying it so far
Not missing having eq or tone controls
I like the sound it produces
Running it through XLR in for the minidsp SHD
It makes Spotify bearable
The only thing I really miss is balance control, but I could buy another amplifier, of course. EQ or tone control would be nice to have to avoid an external DSP solution when necessary.

Sgt. Pepper

The only thing I really miss is balance control, but I could buy another amplifier, of course. EQ or tone control would be nice to have to avoid an external DSP solution when necessary.
I really like using Roon. The program features a paramedic EQ and gain controls for each speaker. And if you want to go deeper, it has room correction. I'm thoroughly enjoying the CXN100.

Peerke007

I really like using Roon. The program features a paramedic EQ and gain controls for each speaker. And if you want to go deeper, it has room correction. I'm thoroughly enjoying the CXN100.
Maybe I should try Roon. Until now, a bit scared to start with that. Not a very quick mind when it comes to software and stuff over here.

Peerke007

Maybe I should try Roon. Until now, a bit scared to start with that. Not a very quick mind when it comes to software and stuff over here.
By the way, Roon won't help me when playing vinyl, I guess. New amp with balance will, or MiniDSP between preamp and power amp (which I have, but did not install it in my new set-up yet). Maybe the cheapest way it to move my listening chair a bit to the right and tell the wife to go upstairs.

Peerke007

Okay, Had a good read what to do and downloaded the software and app. It works very well indeed and it is actually simple to install and use (at least the basics). Keeper, that Roon. Thanks for making me taking the effort of trying.

Sgt. Pepper

Okay, Had a good read what to do and downloaded the software and app. It works very well indeed and it is actually simple to install and use (at least the basics). Keeper, that Roon. Thanks for making me taking the effort of trying.
Roon is fantastic. Add one high quality source like Tidal or Qobuz and you'll be all set. Enjoy!

Peerke007

Problem solved. For playing vinyl, I just got myself a restored like new AKAI AM-2350. Pairs great with the LS50 too.

But this topic is about the CNX 100, which is a great streamer, yes it is.

Top Bottom