• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bullet Train.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Music algorithms have been good to me. Those algorithms work. Spotify's is very good and Apple's is getting there...
On the movies side... crapshoot... Disney+, Netflix and Prime Video have hundreds of thousands of movies... Finding these is not trivial. Netflix algorithm is laughable, Amazon's and Disney+'s are non-existent. To find movies I , thus rely on critics, in particular those of the NY Times' and Rotten Tomatoes aggregates... Apple TV+ displays the Rotten Tomatoes scores... So.. Rotten Tomatoes it is for movies... Anything below 60%.. I don't waste my time.
I went against that rule and yesterday rented "Bullet Train".

I like it a lot. An action-comedy, it doesn't take itself seriously and IMO with fine performances across the board. A fun, if unrealistic romp. Brad Pitt has more comedic chops that I would have thought. Utterly believable in the role of a lunatic ,somewhat lost assassin ...

What do you think, People?

Peace.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had been avoiding Bullet Train due to two bad reviews I read in the The Guardian UK...

However, I am not immune to the alure of the odd 'brainless action movie', so I may well give it a go :)

I gets 7.4 on IMDB (which is above my usual 'worth a watch' threshold of 7), but only 54% on Rotten Tomatoes...

Top Bottom