• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audient id4 for dac/amp?

withaquala

Currently I have Audient id4,but I dont rly use the mic and Instrument Input and want to sell it and buy something else up to 200$. Is there are any upsides? Or should I just keep it
I use dt990 250 ohm and hifiman he400se. Sometimes use fl/ableton,so ASIO driver would be nice

OP
W

withaquala

Does it play loud enough, do you hear no noise? If both are yes, keep it.
Yes, for sure loud enough. I had one problem with this interface, when I used volume knob on low frequencies I heard the clicks from it in my headphones. Generally it doesn't bother,its happens rarely but I was concerned and contact audient support,sent them the interface. However, they said everything was fine with my unit, altought I tested it on different PCs

b7676

Really only sidegrades into other ess implementations even up past 400$ retail in combos/stacks.
Cheapest perfect analog volume control is the wonderfully clicky L70.

OP
W

withaquala

Really only sidegrades into other ess implementations even up past 400$ retail in combos/stacks.
Cheapest perfect analog volume control is the wonderfully clicky L70.
I guess will just keep it,thanks for the answer

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I had one problem with this interface, when I used volume knob on low frequencies I heard the clicks from it in my headphones. Generally it doesn't bother,its happens rarely but I was concerned and contact audient support,sent them the interface.
Contact resistance varies if it is such clicky mechanics, the electronics is likely fine.

Top Bottom