• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Atohm Speakers - looking for ultimate sound quality

jazzvinyl2020

I’m currently searching for the ultimate home speakers to complement my RME ADI 2 FS DAC and Hypex mono blocks.

These days I am trying the Atohm GT1 HD in my home rig which sound nice and seem to be good for the money but somehow lack resolution and refinement. Does anyone have experience with them?

Next on my audition list are Dynaudio Special 40, Focal Sopra 1 / Kanta 2.
Would these likely be a step up from Atohm?

Which one works well in a 20 m2 living room?

Thanks, Michael

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The NRC tests are OK. I think they might be a bit bright sounding. Be careful what you compare them to because a flatter response speaker will not sound as bright and zingy.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m currently searching for the ultimate home speakers to complement my RME ADI 2 FS DAC and Hypex mono blocks.

These days I am trying the Atohm GT1 HD in my home rig which sound nice and seem to be good for the money but somehow lack resolution and refinement. Does anyone have experience with them?

Next on my audition list are Dynaudio Special 40, Focal Sopra 1 / Kanta 2.
Would these likely be a step up from Atohm?

Which one works well in a 20 m2 living room?

Thanks, Michael
Additionally the smaller speakers will require sub(s). 2 preferably. The Kanta 2 will not require as much sub but again subs these days are very important to use.

Top Bottom