• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are the Maes actually better than Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish?

Please vote on your favourite folk or acoustic videos for 2021.

• All Too Well by Taylor Swift

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artsfols

If you have an ear for unadorned folk and acoustic music, then quite possibly, yes.
Our panel scored 70 eligible videos (from 7000 reviewed) made in the last year, and, to their credit, some top recording artists, like Eilish and Swift, aren't afraid to step away from the auto-tune, dynamic compression and other artifices that create the velvety sameness that goes down like hazelnut flavoured coffee. But how much of that stuff can you actually drink?

But there are those who work in that milieu who shine without all the intense production. Like the Maes and also Kate Pruitt who we think deserve a wider audience, not that they don't have fans already.

Help us out in picking #1 for the year, either here, or on my blog.

Link to top folk and acoustic videos for 2021.

(Gesprek is an unmonetized blog run strictly for hobby purposes.)

Last edited:
OP
Artsfols

Artsfols

Both Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish have been eliminated from contention for the #1 position. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to change the poll selections, even to just change the descriptions.

OP
Artsfols

Artsfols

I see a problem here.

You can also view these incredible music videos by searching for 'Artsfols 2021' in the youtube app on your streaming device, then select 'Artsfols 2021 Folk and Acoustic Discovery'. The videos in question are the first seven. Do not use the one labelled 'Audiostream'. Maybe with this I'll catch one or two people interested in this kind of music.

Top Bottom