• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Arcam unveils entry level AVR5 AV receiver

SynthesisCinema

New cheaper version from AVR-10 coming without Dirac Live which is optional for extra cost. Priced at 2000$. Available end of Q4/2021.

Nick Clarke, Senior Director, Global Engineering Luxury Audio, commented, "ARCAM understood that there was a strong requirement below the existing offering." He went on, "The AVR5 perfectly meets this need by offering a comprehensive and configurable feature set along with the legendary sound quality ARCAM is well known for, allowing the end user or installer to build a home cinema to be proud of."

Koeitje

Major Contributor
How is $2000 entry level?

ozric

I read the headline as it's Arcam's entry level model in that line, not that it's a low priced model.

Fahzz

Forum Donor
More power than the AVR 10, but $750 cheaper - wondering where they cut costs besides no DIRAC?

NirreFirre

Forum Donor
I guess they still have customers to fool into "best for music" or build "quality"? 2k without Dirac..when there's Onkyo, Pioneer and Integras in the pipe including it from ~1k.. Arcam and NAD, or perhaps it's the UK audio legacy brands (?) must have amazing marketing teams, "working" close with paper publications turned out to be a longer lived strategy than anyone thought..
I bought my first amp, a NAD in ~1992 and it's sad to see those brands fail that AFAIK had really good engineering behind that marketing.

Tho, not everyone has internet, some basic technical knowledge or interest in High Fidelity..

Top Bottom