• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone have access to this spec: IEC 60268-21

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I need to read a portion of IEC 60268-21 dealing with SPL testing. But this thing isn't free and I can't afford the $350 price tag.

So, does anyone out there in TV land happen to have access to this spec and can help me out with either getting a copy or a blurb (I believe Chapter 16.4 is what I need but it could be different/more)?

If you can help out, feel free to email me: hardisj at gmail dot com

Thanks,
Erin

Edit: The reason I am asking is because I am working on providing maximum SPL metrics and I would like to adhere to a standard. I am using Klippel's MTON module and in the webinar (link) they state this:
Conditions: Sparse multi-tone stimulus (typical program material) as used for testing maximum output SPLmax (session 5)

Measurements according to IEC 60268-21 chapter 16.4:
1a) Short-term compression at maximum input Umax=0.17 Vusing a stimulus length T=1s after playing the same stimulus in a preloop​
1b) Long-term compression measured at maximum input Umax=0.17V with the same stimulus T=1s after the playing the stimulus 1 min in a preloop + 1 min cooling break (without break)​
2) Search for input voltage u generating a short-term compression C = 3dB​

Last edited:
Top Bottom