• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Announcement. AES Presentation on “What is Accuracy” by our very own member @j_j_ or James D. (jj) Johnston - Chief Scientist - Immersion Networks

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
AESPNW Section Meeting
January 2024 Meeting Notice

What Does "Accurate" Even Mean?

Presented by
James D. (jj) Johnston - Chief Scientist - Immersion Networks
and
AES Pacific Northwest Section

Meeting Produced by Dan Mortensen - AESPNW Chair
Wednesday, January 31th, 2024
7:30PM PST(UTC -8)

This is a hybrid In-Person/Zoom meeting.
The in-person meeting will be held at Digipen in Redmond, WA.
The virtual doors open at 7PM.

For additional information about attending in person or virtually: https://www.aes.org/sections/pnw/

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is 31th different from 31st? :) Since I'm a definite homebody on NYE, will be putting this on my calendar....

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm operating on little sleep today, missed that January 31th.....or is that code for NYE? :)

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
7:30pm on New Year's Eve? An odd choice wouldn't you say?

It'd be 1:30pm New Years Day here.
JANUARY 31st. That's a month later!
The new year starts in February down under.
I did not know that. Really? The timing is due to when the AES Chapter can get a room. And so many people tell me 'just get a room'.

In fact, I still don't know that.

DonR

Major Contributor
4c02a625-e163-4bd9-8575-74ec31fac1f8_text.gif

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I am hoping that a Youtube video / slides / written article will appear after the presentation. I would love to find out what you have to say, JJ. I would prefer a written article, I can absorb information at my own pace and not at yours :)

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I am hoping that a Youtube video / slides / written article will appear after the presentation. I would love to find out what you have to say, JJ. I would prefer a written article, I can absorb information at my own pace and not at yours :)
Like the previous one, the intention is to record the talk, so you can go back and watch it.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Like the previous one, the intention is to record the talk, so you can go back and watch it.
Awesome. Thank you for sharing this opportunity to learn new stuff j_j_. We are very fortunate to host you as out Guest here. I look forward to watching and learning more about this Science of Audio capture and reproduction. Like peeling a very large onion. With welding gloves on. :D

cochlea

Forum Donor
@j_j This is definitely off topic, and I say this in the most respectful way, but with that beard, you would make a great Santa. :)

Top Bottom