• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternative to Loxjie A30 Amplifier

Vojta

Can someone please compare A30 with Topping MX3s and MX5? I can't find direct comparison anywhere and it drives me nuts.

CauliflowerEars

I always use USB. It's fine. The DAC is not the limiting factor if this board, the amps and analog signal processor are.
From my experience, that’s quite a broad assumption. In my case, listening through USB gave me headaches very quickly. No problems through Optical.

Room acoustics/speakers and ear sensitivity certainly play a role. In my case changing the Loxjie a30’s input made the difference.

I also need to use the USB (for movies), so am also looking for an alternative amp …

CauliflowerEars

Hey guys, dear audio experts,

First time poster here.

I'm looking for a combi DAC / FDA or class D amp. I was very interested by the A30 following Amir's very positive review. The design, budget and features, not too much and not too few, it just looked too perfect to be true. And indeed it is, after reading all the 40+ pages of the review : the USB chip.

As my primary usage would be exactly USB (secondary RCA) out of my Mac mini, hence using the integrated DAC, it seems it kind of would defeat the purpose because of the cheap Realtek component through which only the USB is routed.

Last thing, the power isn't really relevant as it will drive 2 Klipsch RF82 II which are very easy to drive (98dB or something).

Is there any alternative in that 200-300 price range besides the A30 with a separate DAC ? I like to keep things simple and hence, the less devices the better...
Did you maybe manage to buy a good alternative amp?
I’m exactly in the same situation. The Loxjie a30’s USB input gives me headaches.

Vojta

I end up with MX5 and I'm very happy about it. I'm using it both from USB, Bluetooth and optical without any issue. But since I bought it there are some newly released devices available which look quite solid: AO300 and Loxjie A40

Top Bottom