• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AKG N700 shows that its charging, but it never charges and can't turn on

DTNT

I recently found on the market a broken AKG N700 and bought them cheap. Their problem is that they show they are charging (the photo below), even when I connect them to my laptop, my laptop signals that I attached something with USB.

However the red light is on for hours, it never goes white like it is charged.

I also cannot turn them on.

So they are definitely not totally broken, laptop registers something when I plug the USB, and the red light is on like it is charging, so I thought I might fix them.
What could be the problem? I tried charging via different sources, phone charger, laptop, etc., but that doesn't make the difference.

Thanks in advance.

AudiOhm

I recently found on the market a broken AKG N700 and bought them cheap. Their problem is that they show they are charging (the photo below), even when I connect them to my laptop, my laptop signals that I attached something with USB.

However the red light is on for hours, it never goes white like it is charged.

I also cannot turn them on.

So they are definitely not totally broken, laptop registers something when I plug the USB, and the red light is on like it is charging, so I thought I might fix them.
What could be the problem? I tried charging via different sources, phone charger, laptop, etc., but that doesn't make the difference.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried a different cable?

Take a good look at the USB connection for damage.

Will they work while wired? If yes, the battery may be the issue.

You can pick up a battery on ebay for $40.00...

Ohms

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't think that this will work, but can I suggest to try a factory reset ? For the N700NC M1 (is that the M1 ?), you turn them on (in your case, just move the switch to "on", even if it doesn't turn on), and then press for several seconds (around 5) the Ambient Aware and Multi-function buttons.

aromig

I know there is an issue with the N700NC M2 as well as the Y600NC where charging via a USB C port (as in the charging end of the cable, opposite of the headphone end) will not properly charge. Something to do with an improper charging protocol handshake. Using a USB A to USB C cable (such as the type that comes with the headphone) apparently allows for proper charging. Does not seem unlikely that the original N700 could have the same issue, and it looks as though you are using an aftermarket cable.

Check this link for additional details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/fbecy5

Top Bottom