• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ai Illustration fun for Halloween - 1938 War of the Worlds broadcast

Midnight Audiophile

This is a video I put together using Ai generated illustrations from DALL•E 2 and upscaled with Gigapixel Ai, just in time for October 30, the date of the original broadcast in 1938. Ai art is an interesting resource that's just now coming into it's own for art directors and creators. To me it's like a snapshot of the state of technology much like looking at video game graphics in the early years. A few years from now I think it will be quite astounding. I spent $50 creating the images and was completely new to the process.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Funny you mention this... I have the original record collection of the broadcast and was thinking of listening to it tonight. :cool:

I wonder if the younger members know what it is all about... yes, people though it was real;

JSmith

OP
Midnight Audiophile

Midnight Audiophile

Yeah, that was definitely a big moment in cultural history. I think it paved the way for the UFO and alien abduction claims that came soon after beginning with Kenneth Arnold and Roswell in the '40s.

I tried to get a decent audio version. The one is found is a stereo rebroadcast of the original.

Top Bottom