• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice sought - Path to 2.2 critical listening bliss Dirac and Genelec

Drvrage

Hi everyone.

Long time lurker, first time poster seeking the wisdom of the community. My end goal is a nearfield 2.2 channel, music only, setup for a single person in a fixed chair.

My hope is to integrate the following chain:

NAS > (Mele Q3 + Linux Mint + Roon Core) > (Mele Q3 + Windows + Roon Endpoint + Dirac Live multichannel + Bass Correction + ART) > MOTU M4 > then TRS to XLR cables to 2x Genelec 8030c monitors and 2x 7050a subs.

Question: Is the MOTU M4 the right interface to get Dirac + addons to work all its magic on all 4 channels independantly and optimally? I'm not sure how windows roon dirac and the motu handle 2.2 ch.

I have a Topping EX5 drawing off a USB RPi4 currently on headphones, but I'm concerned the 2channel DAC/preamp won't be as effective with Dirac because it would be feeding a full frequency signal to L+R+subs. I think, but don't know if Dirac live DSP wouldobe more capable with 4 independant channels.

Am I close to glory, or courting failure?

Last edited:

ppataki

Major Contributor
Yes the Motu M4 could do that
Note that currently only Dirac Live and Bass Control are available on a PC/Mac but ART is not yet
Alternative to Motu M4: Motu Ultralite mk5, Okto DAC8 Pro, Topping DM7 (which is the best multichannel DAC available today)

Top Bottom