• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Accuton Ceramic Drivers: they usually get my vote for Best of Show at AXPONA

TitaniumTroy

Ever since my first AXPONA in 2013, speakers using the Accuton ceramic drivers. Some speaker brand using their drivers usually gets my vote For Best of show. That first year was Vapor Audio's, Perfect Storm speaker. Overall they just seem to have a more accurate tone, than other speaker be it planer magnetic, Electrostatic, horn, Magico, YG Acoustic's, Stenheim, etc...

Of course not every brand I've heard use them, has impressed me. I've heard they are difficult drivers to work with, besides being expensive on their own, they require top of the line crossover's, they operate over a narrow bandwidth, requiring more driver's.

Von Schweikert Audio, Tidal and Vimberg, Lumen White, Marten, all seem to have firm grip on how to use them properly.​

Anyone else have experience with these ceramic drivers and what did you think?

OP
TitaniumTroy

TitaniumTroy

fetch

Top Bottom