• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

a.live (a new format for music)

abhijitnath

Hi- I don't know if this is allowed or if this is the appropriate forum (I'll remove it if it isn't, of course).

I recently founded a music tech startup called a.live- think of it as MTV for the future:). Each song release is a 3D virtual world where the user is inside the music, and can explore different aspects of it (remixing it on the fly with a stem player, watching alternative versions of the song, going behind the scenes, etc.)

We really wanted to bring back the joy of waiting for songs to release and actually paying attention to music, rather than music being increasingly in the background. The trailer is up here:

We just released our alpha version at www.alive.house (computer browser only, Safari doesn't work). Please do check it out (and sign up at the end to claim our first song release as an edition :))

A bunch of features are coming up in the next release (multiplayer release parties, volumetric video, Atmos/Spatial audio, customisable avatars, phone app, etc.)

Would love everyone's feedback (and of their kids, too, if people are old enough haha).

Last edited:

XpanD

Forum Donor
Had a quick go, definitely feels like an early build still but it sounds (heh) like a really interesting concept!

Came across a few small issues:
  1. The Mute button seems to get stuck. You can work around it by pressing Solo on all the different tracks. Not sure on how this works on a proper mixer, but it felt a little odd to me.
  2. I had some weird interactions when walking around, where I was mashing buttons (space bar?) and it sent me up into the air while still in the walking animation. Couldn't reproduce again.
  3. If you move out really far (like when you're paused) it takes ages to get back to the main area. Guessing boundaries and stuff are a future worry, but figured I'd mention it anyways.
Looking forward to the upcoming updates (spatial audio in particular), that should be good fun.

Top Bottom