hifiman he400i

1. S

Frustrating issues with HE400i (2016), JDS Labs Atom amp, and Schiit IEMagni (rant)

This is somewhat of a rant but also me genuinely needing help. For my first mid-fi headphone, I chose Hifiman HE400i (2016) because of its very low price, planar tech, and respect the line has. I went with the JDS Labs Atom stack, but that turned out bad because of the mids sounding very...
  2. S

What are the sound signatures of Hifiman HE400i and Grado SR60i? Finding my personal preference...

What are the sound signatures of Hifiman HE400i and Grado SR60i? A post on SBAF has the HE400i as being U-shaped. Is that accurate? The reason I ask is because, to my ears, the HE400i has recessed mids, and I really don't believe I enjoy the sound signature after coming from Grado SR60i. I...
  3. S

How much power is optimal for Hifiman HE-400i?

How much power is optimal for Hifiman HE-400i? I keep hearing that 2W per channel is needed, but Amir brags on HE-400i bass in his review of the JDS Labs Atom amp, which has 1W per channel. I am wondering if the Schiit Heresy might sound better with HE400i because of the 2.4W of power per...
  4. S

What is wrong with the system or what did I do wrong?

What is wrong with the system or what did I do wrong? First listens with HE400i/JDS Labs Atom stack, and voices sound like there is a huge hole/recessed/bad connection/faint, along with sibilance. The rest sounds really amazing - bass, detail, imaging, air, high instruments, etc. HE400i plugged...
  5. S

Are my Equalizer APO settings correct for HIFIMAN HE400i (2016)?

*Using JDS Labs Atom stack Are my Equalizer APO settings correct for Amir's HIFIMAN HE400i (2016) configuration? (Photo attached) For the two low shelf, is corner frequency right? When the DAC is connected, I assume you put the computer volume at 99% (?) and power on these six EQ settings? Is...
Top Bottom