Search results

1. F

Best SciFi movies

I read all three of the Three Body Problem trilogy. I thought the second is the best. According to Wikipedia, An American TV series based on the book has been ordered by Netflix, with David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, and Alexander Woo set to write and executive produce.[49] The Netflix adaptation...
  2. F

Movies you like but others not !!!

The Postman
  3. F

Best SciFi movies

The Expanse is really good. After watching the final season, I started to read the books, wanting to know what happens after. I am now reading the fifth book, which corresponds to season 5. Some of the less obvious movies I liked are: Minority Report, Independence Day, Tommorowland, Highlander...
  4. F

ANIME.. Anyone?

My favorites: Armored Trooper Votoms Mobile Suit Gundam Aura Battler Dunbine Xabungle All rather old. My teenage years.
  5. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks. At first I just wanted a silver roundish case. But the one I found was rather large so I added the meter.
  6. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Hi all, Since there have been some inquiries, here I document how I built the Purifi amp with big meters based on Purifi Eval1. Some of the below have already been mentioned, but it would be more convenient to put them all together in one place. Case The case is BZ3809H. It is available from...
  7. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks. It's good to know.
  8. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thank you all. So I guess even 5A fuse wouldn't blow too often with normal use. I'll get them. I do know it uses Y caps. Though it doesn't seem to be a problem as I don't hear any ground noise, I'll replace it anyway as it's cheap and I want to add a fuse.
  9. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

The fuse in the SMPS1200A400 is 12A slow blow.
  10. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I considered outsourcing the cutting, too. But the cost seemed too high relative to the price of the case. Besides, I already had the necessary tools.
  11. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks! About the fuse: would 10A normal blow be ok? (The main voltage is 100V)
  12. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks for the advice. I will replace it with a socket without filter. While I am at it, I also would like to add a fuse. I couldn’t quite understand the discussion about the fuse earlier in this thread though, so I’m not sure exactly how much power consumption indicates malfunction or failure.
  13. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Here’s the picture of inside and the back panel.
  14. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thank you for the praise. I guess I should have taken some photos while I was building it. I will open it up again and take some. Please hang on. I have to warn you that the inside doesn't look as pretty as the front. The meters are two of these. I took them apart and connected the back panels...
  15. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks! To mark where to drill holes on the panels, I used transparent sticker films like this one. That is, I printed lifesize outlines of the holes using an inkjet printer and stuck it on the panel. Making those holes, especially the big one for the vu meter, was the most arduous part of the...
  16. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

The case is BZ3809H it is available from Ali Express and Ebay. I got it from Ali. It's fairly cheap. I got it for 73USD including shipping.
  17. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Oh, sorry. I just wanted to tell the things I wrote too much, I guess.
  18. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks! I am not sure if you are asking me, but I will assume you are. The case is BZ3809H it is available from Ali Express and Ebay. I got it from Ali. I wanted silver roundish case. I looked for it using google image search. It was a bit too big, but I liked the shape. Since my previous amp...
  19. F

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Finally I am satisfied with my build. My first ever.
  20. F

Revel F228Be Review (Speaker)

Ok, so now it looks like Dgob above is the outlier... ...I just ordered a VTV Purifi EVAL-1!
Top Bottom