Search results

1. mostresticator

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

I posted that in response to BDWoody: "Bought a moderately expensive DAC...came on here and was relieved to see that it had measured very well. Good for me! Except...the more I read, the more I was learning that maybe it measured well, but it was suggested I couldn't tell it apart from my...
  2. mostresticator

I agree with Rick and Woody....so what's the point of all this engineering if you can stuff all that tech inside a usb drive and get the same results?
  3. mostresticator

I wanted to do this with my setup, you can read my experience a few pages back. I didn't like the way it sounded using macbook pro usb with D5 as a preamp feeding my power amp. After putting a preamp in between, it sounded great. I leave the Sabaj volume maxed out and control with preamp. I'm...
  4. mostresticator

The issue here is where to control VOLUME and where to leave it maxed out in the different parts of the chain....Since you (Harry1973) have an all in one pre/amp you can control volume there and have your sources volume maxed out (pc, streamer, blu ray, etc...), with the D5 maxed at 40 as well...
  5. mostresticator

yes, this is what’s happening with my macbook pro via usb...my classe amp is 200w feeding nautilus 804’s all coming from xlr of D5...there shouldn’t be a problem with the low end...i shouldn’t have to connect an old Denon...is my macbook usb port that bad? you’re tempting me to want to get a...
  6. mostresticator

im getting that flat and bassless response feeding the D5 from a new macbook pro via USB
  7. mostresticator

because that’s an integrated amp...the pre is built in....i put a really cheap denon from 2006 between the sabaj and my classe sigma 2 amp and it sounds great now...sabaj female xlr out to rca cd input on the denon and pre out rca to male xlr into amp.. weird thing is i need to have the...
  8. mostresticator

Guys I finally got all my gear together. The chain is Macbook Pro > Sabaj D5 > Classe Sigma Amp 2 > B&W 804's I'm not sure what my problem is, but my low end is non existent. Do I need a preamp between the Sabaj and amp? I have that Schitt Sys, but wanted to stay balanced out of Sabaj vs RCA...
  9. mostresticator

On first startup, my volume knob worked. After I pressed C on remote and got that working, now the volume knob doesn't work....
  10. mostresticator

thinking of making the switch to Amazon from Qobuz. Liking the trial so far and they have a lot of albums I like that Qobuz doesn't...
  11. mostresticator

Thanks. What if I had something like the Schitt Sys between the D5 and amp? Would you keep the DAC maxed and control volume with Schitt?
  12. mostresticator

What provides best quality? Keeping the DAC volume maxed and adjusting from source (PC/Tidal/Qobuz...etc)? Or opposite?
  13. mostresticator

Hi guys, long time lurker here. This is my first post and I'm torn between the D5 ($480) and the D50s ($320 w/LPS). This will be my first "hifi" DAC. I have been using the first generation Apogee Duet firewire since it came out over a decade ago. This is peak audio quality my ears have been...
Top Bottom