Search results

1. BillH

WOW - Ragnar Kjartansson: The Visitors on 9-channel 8030 Genelec system

I just wanted to share an incredible audio-video experience my family just experienced at the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) in Boston on Friday. We happened into the exhibit of Ragnar Kjartansson's, The Visitors. I was instantly impressed with the sound quality and looked above one of...
  2. BillH

Revel sale

All, The A&B TV of Austin has a weekly advertisement that says that Revel speakers are up to 50% off retail price. http://statesmanwebsolutions.com/ads/abtv/weekly.pdf I have no affiliation with the company nor with Revel. I will say that I recently got a good price from them on M105s with...
  3. BillH

The founding of ASR

Given the recent threads on the ASR logo and panthers I found myself wondering about the very beginning - the founding of ASR. I then had the pleasure of reading some very early postings in the thread about Parlor tricks So I set off to find the first posts - and now give up.... Besides...
  4. BillH

JBL &EV on boston craigslist

All, Thought this might be of interest to someone. I know nothing about the seller: Commercial pro movie theater surround sound system. Two theater rooms, used for a couple of weeks before business lost licence/permits. Has been stored away since decommissioning. Perfect for new commercial...
  5. BillH

WTB: Chromecast Audio

Hello all, I managed to get a single chromecast audio before the stock ran out. I'd really like a second for my other system. If anyone who "stockpiled" a bunch could part with one I'd be interested in purchasing it. thanks
  6. BillH

Snell type E - DIY parts or sell

All, I recently bought new speakers - my first in 20+ years (Ascend Sierra 2-EX) and now I'm contemplating selling my Snell Type E speakers. My questions is, should i save the Snell's for parts if I want to get into DIY speakers? The cabinets are big and heavy, the drivers.... Or should I get...
  7. BillH

amazon readying high definition music streaming

All, Just noticed a news blurb that amazon is going to offer hi-def streaming. No details other than speculation that the cost is lower than others ($15/month) and the quality possibly higher than 44.1 khz, 16 bit...
Top Bottom