Search results

1. T

Klipsch heritage promedia 2.1

Alas I don't have access to Walmart here in OZ (guess I could have used some sort of forwarding service, but couldn't be bothered) - the speaker sells for about $500 if you buy it locally :facepalm: Really extremely poor value for money. As it was it was $200 cheaper to buy it from the...
  2. T

Klipsch heritage promedia 2.1

Im in Australia and I got the Promedia 2.1's from Amazon for about $300 AUD imported - The 110V model is trivial to change to 220/240V by cutting a jumper on the power supply (It is labeled as such on the PCB)
  3. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

Nah - have some P3ESRs on the way next week, and hopefully some 40.2's next year ;)
  4. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

The fit and finish of my HL5plus is absolutely superb.
  5. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

I suppose I might chime in, since I own a pair of HL5+ 40th Anniversary speakers, and have so much affection for them - The first time I heard a pair was at a Hi Fi show almost 2 years ago (time is all a blur at the moment!) after an entire day of listening to Revels, Sonus Fabers, JBL's and god...
  6. T

Delete

Delete
  7. T

Power Regenerators, conditioners...

Do power re-generators and or conditioners work as advertised? I was assuming most electronic devices have circuits to take the incoming wall power and translate this to clean DC. It does make some sense to me that the cleaner the power the better, but it seems a bit excessive to spend 10,000...
  8. T

Separating power cables from speaker cables and interconnects?

Would Shun Mook mpingo disks help?
  9. T

Occasional loud Pops...

So perhaps this question is related to my previous question about separating cables, but thought I would ask - I have an occasional, but very annoying issue on my system - seems to be related to my Receiver, but I am not so sure since it has affected both Denon receivers I have used. (Denon...
  10. T

Separating power cables from speaker cables and interconnects?

Kind of a newbie question - is it a good idea to ensure that your speaker cables are not in close contact with speaker cables? How about interconnects?
  11. T

So...Is there even just one AV processor/receiver that could get a reasonably good result here?

The Denon X3600 did pretty well in the recent review here.
  12. T

ATC SCM7 vs PMC DB1 gold?

So I am wanting to upgrade my speakers on the computer desktop, and am considering either the ATC SCM7 or PMC DB1 gold. I would love some Harbeth p3esr's but those are a bit out of my price range. I intend to pair them with my Yamaha WXA-50 amp. I've listened to both ATC and PMC speakers in...
  13. T

March Audio Purchases?

In my case I have nothing but good things to say about Alan - pleasure to deal with. Delivery for me was fine. (Im in Australia - but still about 3500Km away from Alan)
  14. T

Cleaning up my system from Audiophile Snake Oil (Facepalm time)

Well sadly a lot of my older CDs are coated with crap like 'finyl' and traces of green pens on the edges. In 1990 or so I got audiophooled into these stupid CD treatment products. I was convinced that I could hear a difference until a friend of mine helped me carry out some blind tests. I...
  15. T

Not testing your patience ;) Modern tunes and bad sounds.

This is a bit off topic, but this post (and avatar) reminded me of this classic interview with pink Floyd: :D
  16. T

USB cables can sound different?

Im trying to get my head around this - are there any plausable scientific reasons for thinking that different USB cables can make a difference to sound? Here it is stated that blind testing is done and demonstrates that differences can be reliably be detected...I can understand the idea that...
  17. T

Horn Speakers - Is it me or.......

Beauty is completely subjective, but I really am not a fan (putting it politely) of the steam punk athstetic of these sort of horns. That alone would preclude me from ever considering these designs.
Top Bottom