Search results

1. formdissolve

Sampling: What Nyquist Didn’t Say, and What to Do About It

https://www.wescottdesign.com/articles/Sampling/sampling.pdf "The Nyquist-Shannon sampling theorem is useful, but often misused when engineers establish sampling rates or design anti-aliasing filters. This article explains how sampling affects a signal, and how to use this information to design...
  2. formdissolve

SOLD: RME ADI-2 Pro FS R - Black Edition $1250 OBO

Selling my excellent condition RME. I purchased this one last November and has been in my rack ever since. Was used as a preamp for both digital (monitors) and for an amp with passive speakers, plus headphones. It's really a do all box.. Includes original box, manual, remote, breakout cable -...
  3. formdissolve

SOLD: SMSL SP400 Balanced THX Headphone Amp/Preamp - $329 OBO shipped to CONUS

Up for sale is a nice condition SMSL SP400, which I've owned for a little over a year. It's in excellent condition with a few minor scuffs on top due to me placing a DAC on top of it (the M400 sister), everything works (all inputs and outputs tested). Lots of clean power! Amirm tested it a few...
  4. formdissolve

Future Review Test Case Suggestion for AVR Products: Test utilizing 48kHz over HDMI and Optical

I'd like to suggest that future AV products (such that are used in Home Theatre situations) have a test run at 48kHz over HDMI and Optical since that is the standard in this market (Blu-Ray with Dolby TrueHD/Atmos/ and DTS-HD Master audio, streaming from the optical port on your TV, etc). I...
  5. formdissolve

Measurement Software for Amateurs and Hobbyist - Recommendations?

After seeing a few other members (such as @Rja4000) reviewing gear, I got the bug and seems like it would be a fun project to get into. I obviously can't afford an AP unit, but I have an RME ADI-2 Pro FS R which seems to have an excellent AD section suited for this task. I have a bunch of gear I...
  6. formdissolve

SOLD: Neumann KH120 II Monitors - Pair - Excellent Condition - $1600 shipped

Up for sale is a pair of Neumann KH120 II Powered Monitors in excellent condition. Purchased new from an authorized seller November of 2023. They sound amazing, but my room is just slightly too big for them, so I am selling these in favor of their bigger brother (KH 150). The original boxes and...
  7. formdissolve

Neumann KH 120 MkII - SPDIF Dropouts

Just wondering if anyone has experience using these speakers outside of the studio as a normal 2 channel setup. I currently run all digital sources through an RME ADI-2 PRO FS R with SPDIF out to two daisy-chained KH 120 II's. The problem is that occaisionally the SPDIF L speaker will drop out...
  8. formdissolve

Surround sound test files for various audio formats

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JxmeedtAtgmoafXv9rroiDOS2vEX7N4b Found this earlier and thought some folks might be interested.
  9. formdissolve

The cheapest MIDI home-studio of 1988

I've been messing with some AKAI samplers and an Atari ST recently and have run into a few small issues.. but this guy really knows his craft!
  10. formdissolve

Phono preamp location on rack - Does it matter?

A lot of manufacturer manuals of phono pre's I've read state to keep the preamp away from power supplies and other devices. Is this because of some EMI issue? My current pre is about 6 inches from power supplies (switch mode style) and a tape deck and I haven't heard any hum or anything. Does it...
  11. formdissolve

Excellent CD Masters

Just thought I'd start a thread to post some excellent CD masters I've come across. I know the CD format has seen better days, but after recently visiting a local record store and seeing the pink and green haired Gen Z kids digging through the used CD racks instead of vinyl made me slightly...
  12. formdissolve

RME ADI-2 Pro FS R - Using as Preamp/DAC.. Force Sample Rate for Analogue

Hello all, quick question for the RME experts .. When using this as a Preamp or DAC with USB plugged in, the manual states that the USB becomes the master clock. Indeed, when I switch to Analogue in, I can not change the sample rate of the AD conversion and it is stuck at the previously used...
  13. formdissolve

SOLD: SMSL M400 AK4499EQ DAC

Excellent condition and includes all original accessories and the box. Sounds awesome and supports all major formats and LDAC Bluetooth. 123dB SINAD at 5v! $450 shipped to US. Offers accepted via DM. Specs Input: USB, Optical, Coaxial, IIS, Bluetooth Output: RCA, XLR USB Transmission...
  14. formdissolve

FS: Topping E50 DAC - Excellent Condition!

Used for about 6 months in my office until it closed and has been sitting in a box for awhile. Sounds excellent (see amir's review)! Includes box, all accessories, and manual $165 shipped to USA. DM for offer or questions
  15. formdissolve

Sold: ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition - New In Box

Purchased about six or seven months ago for a studio my friend and I were building but life changes happened, so this is up for sale. I'd keep it, but I already own one! These are $2000 + tax new, so I'm gonna say $1875 shipped to lower US with insurance and signature delivery. PayPal...
  16. formdissolve

A revolution in audio rendering - classic from 10 years ago!

"A revolution in audio rendering" Oldie but goodie. Pretty funny how far people go to think they are hearing something better. "...found that a function called memcpy was the culprit, most memory players use memcpy and this is one of the reasons why memory play sounds worse ie digital...
  17. formdissolve

Denon DRA-635r - New Optical Class A

Hello all - I have an old early 90s Denon DRA-635r that sounds great for its age. On the front it says "New Optical Class A" - found on another forum that has the patent below. Anyone know what this means? Is it basically a class AB? United States Patent 4,752,745 Pass June 21, 1988...
  18. formdissolve

SOLD!!!: Topping A90 Headphone amp - Great condition!

For sale: Topping A90 complete with box. I've owned it a year and used it every few days or so in my back office. Just tested it with my HD650 on balanced out and SE out and it still puts a smile on my face. Also tested the out to an amp and it also works and sounds amazing. Only selling because...
  19. formdissolve

FS: RME Babyface Pro FS - Excellent condition

Bought brand new and owned for around a year and used sparingly. Originally bought to use as portable recorder, but it never left my studio. Excellent condition - everything works and includes all original accessories and box. I am currently firm on price. I don't NEED to sell, but I am going...
  20. formdissolve

Blu-Ray Players - Optical and COAX out PCM Conversion HDCP - Downsample?

The question: When converting HDCP material such as a Blu-Ray disc internally to PCM, are players required by HDCP standards to downsample 24-bit Dolby or DTS converted material to 16-bit before outputting PCM over the Optical or Coax outputs? Why it matters: In the past, I've noticed truncated...
Top Bottom