Search results

1. A

Business Opportunity

Attended Axpona week ago -definitely worth the time and min effort (Only live 90miles away from the venue.). For some reason I noticed that a lot of system descriptions included whoso cabling they were using. Obviously THRILLING :-) to hear a system with $5K IEC powercables and even more...
  2. A

Did Ortofon ever make a sapphire cantilever with a fine line tip ?

I am wondering if Ortofon ever made a cartridge/stylus with a sapphire cantilever and a fine line tip? Right offhand I don't think so ? but maybe I'm wrong. They used fine line tip for decades -but I think sapphire cantilevers always had shibata tips ?
  3. A

6 or 8 optical Toslink to one or two optical Toslink outs switcher ?

I've got several 4 in 2 out optical switchers in my system -these feed into my Benchmark DAC-3hgc and out of that into the 24/96 SPDIF input on my Meridian DSP speakers -speaker are limited to 24/96 . This works -but it would be slightly more convenient if I could use one device instead of two...
  4. A

5G trap in OTA HDTV antenna ?

Noticed a add for a powered HDTV OTA antenna that made a point of having a 5G filter built into it. We get all our TV OTA and like a lot of folks -figured out what i needed for a antenna here about a decade back and it works amazingly well (nothing beats being on top of a ridge). But I'm curious...
  5. A

dumb user :OPPO BDP-105

some years ago I bought a used OPPO BDP-105. Purchase was motivated by the it'll play anything plus dedicated balanced stereo outputs. Compared to my favored Rotel RCD-975's -I preferred the Rotel for CD playback -so both were fed into my stereo system -only used the Oppo for DVD playback (a...
  6. A

Audiolab 6000CDT experience

Anybody using a 6000CDT CD transport ? Experience good or bad - have a Benchmark DAC and maybe feedin it CD's thru a new transport might be worthwhile ?
  7. A

How Keith Howard (HFN&RR) tests headphones

August 2019 (p28-33) Hi Fi News and Record Review has a article titled "Better Headphone Testing". KH goes into detail about exactly how he tests and why he does it the way he does. I've been reading this mag for decades (40 years +/-) and have to say that under Paul Miller's reign -I've yet...
  8. A

impedance v. frequency for T-1 gen 2 Beyer phones ?

I've tried various search terms - nuthin' ? I'd like to see a plot of the impedance of a Beyerdynamic T-1 gen 2 phone. Or is this information so useless no one's bothered with it ( I DO have a talent for seeking answers to meaningless questions.)
Top Bottom