Search results

1. tar

Recommendations for USB noise filtering product

Another thing I just recognized: if you switch the output mode on the back of the CMA400i from "ADJ" to "FIX" the ground noise issue completely went away but the output level to the monitors becomes fixed and maximized(!) - balanced: 6.8 Vrms, unbalanced: 3.4 Vrms. So, the USB issue is gone but...
  2. tar

Recommendations for USB noise filtering product

It seems you are onto something here. I have the same AMP/DAC Questyle CMA400i and am using the optical connection since 4 years(!) due to the interference on the speakers output when I use the USB connection. After reading your post, I immediately tested the USB connection again and...
  3. tar

5.1. Surround: extending analog audio signal to rear speakers via LAN

Aloha, how would you transfer the rear speaker signal(s) (source is an NVidia Shield Pro 2019) to rear speakers via LAN (or WLAN)? I would not like to lay cables across the living room but I have network sockets near the TV and near the position of the rears (and WLAN, of course). Passive...
  4. tar

DAC & headphone amp for PC

Thanks but now I have an all-in-one device. Please check if your Behringer interface has real or faked balanced outputs. Furthermore, Behringer is known for driver issues. If everything works for you: be happy :-) Meanwhile, I was able to solve the dropouts with DSD/DoP by increasing the buffer.
  5. tar

JFYI: after reading about issues with SMSL and Topping, I finally decided to try the Questyle CMA400i with the stand and transparent cover. It looks amazing on the desktop. I tested the optical and USB connection (no cables included). Unfortunately, somehow I instantly broke a pin on the...
  6. tar

Excellent measuring 'all in one' DAC & Headphone Amps, under US$1000

Check the Questyle CMA400i - seems to be a "warmer" RME ADI-2 DAC without the EQ functions and therefore cheaper. Unfortunately, no measurements, yet. Got one here, I like the quality build and it sounds good. But I am no audiophile expert :)
  7. tar

Advice on using ADI-2 DAC with computer, speakers, and headphones

Check the KS Digital C5-Reference (there is also C8-Reference and C88-Reference, depending on budget).
  8. tar

I found those three choices of which the MC3 seems to be the best for my use case: - Coleman Audio LS3 - IMG Stageline LSP-102 - Nobsound Little Bear MC3 It would be a bit ugly next to SU-8 and SH-8 but I think I could live with it in a nice little rack as then I just could switch with one knob...
  9. tar

Aloha, since weeks I am looking for a decent solution to connect active speakers and headphones to my PC. (Parenthesis: Actually, I am temporarily using a Marantz SR-4001 with 2x Nubert Nubox 310 and a Denon AH-D2000 in my home office on the PC. The Marantz and the Nuberts should go back to...
Top Bottom