Search results

1. Nobunaga

Is the Fostex TH900 much better than the THX00's?

Not a silly question at all. Tbh i am hoping to buy a headphone with the same or similar sound signature as the X00 just better more refined. I don't want to stray away too much from that sound signature, but yet i want better sound. My current setup is: Khadas Tone Board Decware Taboo MKIII...
  2. Nobunaga

Is the Fostex TH900 much better than the THX00's?

Yo I am planning to upgrade my THX00 purple hearts for TH900's. How do they differ and what improvements can i expect? I would replace the TH900 pads with THX ones. Cheers
  3. Nobunaga

Best headphone under 500 euros w/o need for amplifier

The Sennheiser HD25 with aftermarket pads sound awesome, they can compete with my Fostex TH-X00 purple hearts which i really love and cost 4x as much. The Fostex are already good headphones for the price. The Fostex have a little bit more bass and less mids. The aftermarket pads made a huge...
  4. Nobunaga

Vacuum tube THD measurements?

Hey While doing some digging i came across this test here, measurements of the THD of some renowned tubes http://www.shine7.com/audio/6922_pre2.htm The Siemens with the silver shield had the lowest THD, can that be taken at face value? meaning that every Siemens tube of that specific model...
  5. Nobunaga

Cathological values of vacuum tubes impact on sound?

What does that even mean? Tubes wear out over time and not all tubes for sale are 100% has nothing to do with the amp lol.
  6. Nobunaga

Cathological values of vacuum tubes impact on sound?

Hey I was wondering if the rating of a tube has any impact on the sound. I bought a pair of E88CC/6922/PHILIPS/SQ https://www.ebay.ch/itm/402064127167?ViewItem=&item=402064127167&autorefresh=true as in the description were Tested on ELPO P-508 Pair = 11/10 + 11/11 mA! The seller told me...
  7. Nobunaga

Problems with USB isolator

I was getting static noise (recording of it) . So i asked for advice here in the forums and other places and i've been told that i was due a ground loop and a USB isolator would solve the issue. That's why i bought one. However, i was also using ****** RCA cables and much later i got better...
  8. Nobunaga

Thanks a lot for your answer. i did as you suggested, the control panel setting didn't solve the issue. As for the setting in device manager, there is no USB port power setting options for devices that are listed. I did it on all the other USB ports but didn't change a thing. Even rebooting the...
  9. Nobunaga

Hey I have an Aldaq usb isolator between my PC and Khadas tone board DAC. The problem is when i turn on my PC it sometimes (more often than not) doesn't recognize my DAC as audio output, it's not listed among the devices and defaul device is set to my monitor. After a while, i figured out that...
  10. Nobunaga

Looking for headphones 220usd

Hey A gamer friend of mine is looking for a new pair of cans, his budget is 220bucks on amazon eu. He wants a bit of bass. Any suggestions? I only found the Audio Technica AD770x and Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm version. He has no external DAC and AMP.
  11. Nobunaga

Which pins of the Khadas Tone Board are for usb 2.0?

Hello I want to solder a USB type-B connector on my Khadas Tone Board, Khadas confirmed to me that it's possible to use the 40pin header for that. But i don't know which of these 40 holes (pins) are the ones i need for an USB 2.0 port. Could anyone mark them for me? Best regards
  12. Nobunaga

Ideal solder diameter for through-hole soldering on a Khadas Tone Board?

Hey i was wondering if 0.6 mm or 1.0 mm diameter of the solder wire would be better for through-hole soldering on a Khadas Tone Board? Planning to solder a USB type-B connector on it Cheers
  13. Nobunaga

Distance between audio devices and desktop PC any relevant?

Well i bought my usb isolator to get rid of ground loop but it also has reclocking. It did clean the signal, much cleaner sound now. It's not a hifi device tho, it's primarly intended for medical and industrial use, also for measuring equipment. No false promises of divine sound like hifi...
  14. Nobunaga

Well a battery powered laptop is pretty much the best source for audio, the isolation from the battery trumps anything that plugs in to the wall. But ye, i also believe in shortest signal path is the best. Do you hear a difference?
  15. Nobunaga

HeyI recently watched this video here from Paul McGowan, ceo of PS Audio, i generally believe what he says in his videos and appreciate his knowledge and experience. He mentions that PCs are very noisy and audio signal shouldn't be processed in such a hostile environment, and that I can be...
  16. Nobunaga

Desolder USB type-C jack and solder a Type-B instead on my Khadas tone board

Hey i contacted Khadas about this, they verified it with their engineers and it would work! Thanks a lot!
  17. Nobunaga

Thats interesting, thanks! A guy on linus tech tips forums said that it would also be possible to solder the cable or a Type B socket here
  18. Nobunaga

But why are there no adapters from C to B is there a technical reason? the only adapter i found is in freaking Egypt
  19. Nobunaga

What if i would use adapters? i only found one that goes from C to B female in Egypt xD or i would have to use one USB-C male>USB a female and then a USB A male--> USB B female But i am afraid that would degrade sound quality by a lot. WHat do you think?
  20. Nobunaga

Frankly, i don't care about the measurement part, as i have already stated. I am just interested if it's possible to desolder and resolder.
Top Bottom