Search results

1. tw99

Very simple bass / piano test tracks ?

When playing around with room EQ and trying to get a relatively even low frequency response, I thought it'd be useful to find test tracks that just comprised scales on various instruments (e.g. electric and/or acoustic bass, piano, synth etc). But I've been unable to find anything even close to...
  2. tw99

Multiple vs single bass drivers and room effects

Assuming a 2.0 stereo pair of tower speakers, is there any advantage from a room interaction perspective from having multiple bass drivers vs a single one ? I'm thinking of something like a Kef R7 which has a woofer above and below the Uni-Q driver, or even the R11 which has two above and two...
  3. tw99

EQ strategy advice for this room please

The following measurements are from a 2.0 setup, although I do have a powered sub that could be added if it was going to make a big difference (currently it only gets turned on for films). I'm using a MiniDSP SHD, and I've got one preset set up using Dirac to correct the response up to around...
  4. tw99

Analogue RCA input expander recommendation ?

I use a Dspeaker Antimode 2.0 as the DAC and room correction device in my system. While I've seen at least one technical review that suggests this device doesn't measure brilliantly well, subjectively I don't have any problems with it, and I really like the features and flexibility it offers...
  5. tw99

Quick intro

Since I've already posted a couple of times here, I thought I'd quickly introduce myself. I'm from the UK, music's always been an important part of my life, and I can still remember the huge excitement of getting my first proper (and rather budget) HiFi system soon after I bought my first house...
Top Bottom