• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quick intro

tw99

Since I've already posted a couple of times here, I thought I'd quickly introduce myself. I'm from the UK, music's always been an important part of my life, and I can still remember the huge excitement of getting my first proper (and rather budget) HiFi system soon after I bought my first house in the mid-80s. Philips CD360/Cyrus 1/B&W DM110i for anyone who can remember back that far !

I've always been pretty sceptical about the apparently enormous differences heard between components by HiFi press reviewers, as my own experience with home demonstrations was that there was usually little/no difference that I could discern between amps and CD players, or cables. These days I'm using Logitech-based infrastructure, exclusively streaming, via a Dspeaker DRC box into an ATC integrated amp and SCM40 speakers, a system I've had for about 5 years now.

Anyway, I'm enjoying reading the content on here, and appreciating the fact/science based approach, which is a marked contrast to the utter nonsense one has to put up with on most other forums where people will go on at great length about the imaginary sonic improvements wrought by adding a linear PSU to their NAS...

Top Bottom