Search results

1. H

Pls help before i waste money - Amplifier Advice

Yeah I have a 90 DB LR24 HPF on the mains and a corresponding LPF for the subs
  2. H

Hmm - my gain is set to 0DB all the way through digitally and I’m at 70% on the volume knob for the pa5 - I guess what I mean to say is in theory I’d like the ability to host a rock concert in my house haha - it just hurts to know my subs can go up to 110-120 db or so and I’ll never be able to...
  3. H

Hi everyone, i decided to recently upgrade my stereo speakers to the Revel MK105 and pair them w 2 SVS SB 1000s. Im overall very happy with the sound quality of my setup atm - I just wish my amplifier had more juice so i can drive up my volume and really enjoy the bass the subwoofers can put...
  4. H

Order of Operations Question as a Noob

Hmm interesting - what would you consider loud? Like I usually exist between 60-75 spl - 75 being absolute max
  5. H

Unfortunately I can’t go loud as I live in NYC and my neighbors have a trigger happy noise complaint habit (at 3 pm on a Saturday for example) - my main goal is just to smoothen out the bass response in my apartment and have a nice stereo image around 60 db SPL
  6. H

Hi everyone, I know a variety of guides exist for each one of these steps but I just wanted to make sure that I’m thinking through the steps necessary in the correct sequence in order to get the best sound possible out of my new system! Setup: L R speakers are Revel Performa 3 MK105 2 SVS...
  7. H

Advice on Audiophilia Nervosa w DDRC24

Yes absolutely and thank you so much! - I’m currently in the process of patching my cieling after blowing a hole in it w a Ramset while trying to mount an acoustic panel (heh) so I’ve boxed away all the important electronics for the moment - my plan is it set everything back up once the panels...
  8. H

Thank you for saving me 300 dollars. What is the rational for using wide filters above 400 hz? Is it just to create a smoother response as appoint of pinpoint corrections? And what do you consider a “wide Q”
  9. H

i see - pardon the dumb Q - is that dip fixable via Peq? Additionally given the directivity errors for the 12.1 I’m assuming fine tweaking of position and angling will do far more for me than a new DAC?
  10. H

It could - I swapped my Q3020i out for Wharfedale 12.2s (best I can do in my budget) if having the same issue I guess I could pool the wharfedale+DAC budget I guess the question would be at what point could I then say ok it’s not my speakers it’s def my DAC?
  11. H

I guess what I’m struggling w is muddy mids and a lack of clarity in the output - again ima beginner so I may be conflating 2 issues. I was under the impression that a higher resolution DAC w lower distortion may lead to better signal output in the mid frequency range
  12. H

Hello everyone, I’m a relative beginner in the HiFi space and I had a question about upgrading my DDRC-24 w an external DAC like the Motu M4 (which is the max for my budget at the moment). Looking through the charts and measurement data I’m still struggling to answer the canonical question -...
  13. H

WTB: MOTU M4

See a couple floating around but some seem to be claimed - any still available or up for sale I’ll gladly take off your hands :) Cheers
  14. H

For Sale: Motu M4

Still got sale?
  15. H

FS: DDRC24 $325 plus shipping

Selling a brand new less than 1 week old DDRC-24. Realized it doesnt have enough outputs for my setup after I purchased it...oops. Will provide my miniDSP login for DIRAC download. PM if interested
  16. H

Upgrade pathway (budget)

hmm this is giving me a pickle between the ELAC DBR vs Revel. The DBR is 500 bucks cheaper and has similar objective reviews - unfortunately im not in a place where i can listen to both at an audio, shop, any thoughts between the two?
  17. H

Upgrade pathway (budget)

Hi everyone, Long time lurker and newbie to the forum. Current budget setup is as follows: Listening: Living room (couch on back wall with thick bas traps in corners, back wall, cieling, and FRPs) Audio: Digital Input from laptop --> DDRC-24 --> Aiyima A07 Pro --> Q Acoustics 3020i + Dayton...
Top Bottom