Search results

1. D

How to sort the Master Audio Review Index?

I'm not sure if it's something technical on my end, or if it's by design, but I'm not finding the Master Audio Review Index sortable at all. Nothing can be clicked other than the review links in the "Latest Audio Devices Tested" section. Is this the same for others?
  2. D

$200-$500 Class D amps with digital inputs?

The Topping PA5 has some great performance. At $350, I'm considering pairing it with a DAC that has balanced outputs as the PA5 has balanced inputs only. Paired with the Topping E50 DAC I'd get a remote, but kind of blows my budget at over $550 total for both pieces. I'm wondering if there's a...
  3. D

I'm not certain it offers anything over some of the other sub $200 amps like the Topping or Loxjie. It's sits pretty snugly in the abundance of <$200 offerings, though it does seem like a decent unit at first glance.
  4. D

OSD makes a couple of amps in this range, but they don't even publish THD specs and their CS didn't even know what that was when I asked. Aside from that, I'm beginning to think that something like a DAC feeding an Emotiva A2M might be the only thing that represents a step up in quality and...
  5. D

This is my front-runner. Thanks for your post. It still would be nice to see more amps in the range I posted. A little nicer, a little more power... but there's really nothing that I've been able to find.
  6. D

I wish there were more integrated amps in this price range. We definitely see SMSL, etc. at ~$200 and below, but then nothing it seems until the NAD D3020 @ $500. Have I missed anything? Looking for class D with digital inputs & a remote.
  7. D

Does anyone make a digital in/out passive volume control?

USB or optical? I've read they function differently.
  8. D

The issue I've encountered is that windows can't control a digital output. In-app volume works, but not the overall, which is a must for me.
  9. D

How to compare these two amp power charts?

Does anyone know if there's a THD value that Amir always measures to, and if so what it would be in %? For example on this chart how did he determine where to stop measurement on the A30?
  10. D

For a desk I have limited space on. I could put an amp elsewhere and just have the volume control on the desk. The source is digital (PC) so I'd like to keep an all-digital signal path to a digital amp if possible. I'm liking the SMSL A300 but don't have the desk room. I know from use that I...
  11. D

I'm using some older Mirage 8-ohm speakers that can handle ~50w.
  12. D

Searching an 2.1 amplifier with optical input for less than 150€

I've been equating DACs, especially in the more budget price range, as indicating a poorer SQ result compared to a full digital path due to more processing, and a (perhaps flawed) idea of analog being a poorer quality signal that is more susceptible to noise and degradation. However, the test...
  13. D

This raises a good question & I don't have any kind of grasp on what occurs along the range of THD, how certain thresholds might translate to listening experience. It seems published and discussed specs are all over the board on THD. Is there a good rule of thumb or way to look at power spec...
  14. D

Searching an 2.1 amplifier with optical input for less than 150€

Looking for a new amp and these two posts confused me. Don't all class D amps need a DAC in order to convert the digital amp's signal to analog output to the speakers? Or, as aldiaudio asked, does this just have to do with the headphone jack? I don't understand Zek's comment about other amps...
  15. D

I'd like to compare the two charts in order to get an apples to apples figure on RMS output. Do you know how I could do that?
  16. D

The NAD review mentions a 1kHz test tone & continuous (RMS) power. Do we know what tone is used in the ASR measure, and if it is peak vs continuous (RMS) power? I'm trying to compare RMS power into 8 ohm loads but I'm not sure how to interpret these two charts to compare what these two amps can...
  17. D

Far out. Assuming the unit you found is of decent quality, could one pretty safely assume that the digital signal would not really suffer any quality degradation passing through? Obviously, digital is digital, but perhaps in regards to noise, etc? (I'm pretty obviously out of my depth on this...
  18. D

I don't understand your reply to be honest. But I surmise that what I've posted about doesn't really exist in a form like the Schiit unit I mentioned. Interesting. I'm not sure if this is due to a difficult implementation, not enough demand, or very nice D/A conversions already being available...
  19. D

Does the mini-amp I'm looking for exist?

Nice recommendation. A bit pricey for me but perhaps it's worth it. Initially it doesn't seem to offer more power, and the Loxjie is plenty high quality for me from a strict performance perspective. I'll need to dig into the numbers to see if it offers much over the Loxjie A30. I'm in the US by...
  20. D

Something like the Schiit SYS Passive Preamp Volume Control, but that uses a digital input and provides a digital output? This doesn't seem to exist, and if it does probably nowhere near the price point of a passive analog control. Hypothetically, could one create what I'm inquiring about in a...
Top Bottom