Search results

1. S

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes, but I realize my setup is modest and I have not yet done any meassuremnts using Umik and REW, so I think it can sound better. Eventully I plan to go with actives since I dont like to tinker with different equipments and make it as minimalism as possible. I really love the look of Buchardt...
  2. S

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Is the PEQ feature a software thing? Im thinking of Bluesound Powernode which not have a PEQ - could that be fixed via a software update?
  3. S

What limits near field monitors to be used far field?

I guess your prefered way of listen also Plays in? If you have your reclined chair with a glass of red wine you'd want a small dispersion of the sound so it all beams at you both vertical and horizontal? Likewise If you have your speakers in your everyday livingroom, you wouldnt mind a larger...
  4. S

Need advice on floor speakers, budget around 1,500 $

@kaffe in april of 2023 I got my first hifi again in 20 years. Little later I bought my first subwoofer. Leading up to that buy I spent weeks, days and nights trying to figure out which one to buy. I even started a thread about it. With help from this forum I finaly bit the bullet. It was such...
  5. S

Close enough :) Never heard the Lintons, but they seems to be apprechiated by a lot of people! Happy hunting!
  6. S

@kaffe ... Sverige? I have lately read good reviews on the Q Acoustics 5040. No idea how they messure, but perhaps others is a vendor nearby for a listening session, If they fancy you.
  7. S

Buchardt Anniversary 10 Measurements and Review

Thank you for the write-up! Apprechiate all the accompanying texts to each messurements pictures. Helps me to understand better :)
  8. S

ELI5: What gets better with a "better" system? (or is the question wrong?)

Yesterday I read a post by /u/iNetRunner, here is the post This made me question if my expectations if an upgrade was off. I hope this thread could spark a general discussion, but I use my own setup as an contextual example. I have a Powernode Edge (2x40w in 8 ohms) that powers a pair of Dali...
  9. S

Links by @SweetChaos

No speaker recommendations for europeans? Im triggered.
  10. S

Where can I buy revel M106 on earth? :)

In Sweden https://taktoton.com/revel-performa-3-m106.html
  11. S

Sigberg Audio Saranna (fullrange, cardioid active floorstander) development thread

Since @ryanosaur live in a land far far away I can sacrifice my self in his place. Heck, I would drive to Norway and pick them up! (the only demand I have is that IF my wife ask what they cost - say no more than 2500$)
  12. S

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

If they only would come in white! Do we know if their towers messure as good?
  13. S

WiiM Amp discussion

Does anyone know why links dont work from ASR to darko?
  14. S

New product - SMSL AO300

Thank you for clarifying :) I have no experience with the SMSL, unfortunately. The Powernode can low pass the sub and high pass the mains.
  15. S

New product - SMSL AO300

Sorry, I dont quite understand?
  16. S

New product - SMSL AO300

Not sure If it's a budget amp, but the Powernode Edge does this.
  17. S

GR Research "The Bully"

Just came across The Bully when browsing youtube. For my untrained eye this looks like an interesting build with some rather unique features. The subwoofer is powered so you only need the power the MTM. Inbuilt crossover etc. What do you guys think?
  18. S

Tesla video about their audio engineering

We had the same sub in the spare tire :D what is that, a 6"?
  19. S

Tesla video about their audio engineering

We had a Dynaudio system in our VW Tiguan. Not bad, but the retail price was atrocious.
  20. S

Subwoofer Comparison

I bought SVS SB-1000 Pro after much debate and asking on this forum. I pair it with Dali Oberon 1's, a small bookshelf speaker in a 25 square meter room. In my setup the sub made a enormous difference, to the better! Not yet messured with REW, but thats my next goal. It sound boomy at some...
Top Bottom