Search results

1. mfaughn

miniDSP Flex Digital into 2 DACs??

The miniDSP Flex has digital outs for Ch1&2 and Ch3&4, respectively. If one were to want to use this as an electronic crossover in a biamplification situation, it would seem you needed two different DACs, right? Would it be expected that the timing b/w the two DACs (let's say they are the exact...
  2. mfaughn

Fosi vs NCore/Purifi: When would there be an audible difference?

I'm weighing options for which new amplifier(s) to purchase. The budget option is Fosi v3 or ZA3. The more expensive option would be an Ncore/NcoreX/Purifi amp (from Buckeye). Obviously the latter would have more power and is technically superior. It seems that a v3 of a couple of ZA3 should...
  3. mfaughn

SPINORAMA vs Subjective

I'm guessing this has been discussed before here but my search Kung-Fu is apparently not up to snuff. I'll frame this question as follows: The spinorama.org rankings show that, with EQ and Sub, the $100 Polk XT15 and $75 Micca RB42 perform slightly better than the $5000 Dutch Dutch 8C. I'm...
  4. mfaughn

Charged coupled crossovers? Measurements? Proof?

I recently got a set of JBL L300s. I'm going to have to get the woofers reconed and while they are apart I'm going to update the crossovers. I've been reading a bit about charge coupled capacitors in crossover networks. There are plenty of claims of "significant" and "audible" differences...
  5. mfaughn

Recommend affordable preamp with remote volume and 12V trigger

Hello all. I would like to find a good sounding, affordable (preferably < US$1K preamp that has the following features: Sounds good. IR remote volume control (preferably one that Amazon Fire Cube TV understands but if not, that's OK) 12V trigger out preferably sub outs or a second set of main...
Top Bottom