Search results

1. R

For sale: Denon HEOS Amp Nearly new. $300

Purchased new April 2023 for $499. Just a box that plays music to a pair of speakers. Sits in your wifi or wired network and you stream to it using the HEOS app or your preferred media DB. Also has optical SPDIF in, USB, two analog inputs. Plenty of power for a playroom, garage, deck, etc...
  2. R

For sale: Denon PMA-900HNE. Almost new. $625

Purchased April 15, 2023 for $949. Still under warranty. Denon customer service ticked me off and now I don’t want it. My peevishness is your gain. It had a problem with the display. Denon wanted me to do stupid stuff before they would issue an RMA so I just ordered the part from an outfit...
  3. R

Kind of cool device. Mixer/splitter/level changing/balanced to unbalanced converting buffer thing

Just got one of these. Behringer MX882 . It and the triple priced Rane device it is patterned after have been called the swiss army knife of audio. You can put a stereo signal at the input and send a mono mix or either side out to 6 level controlled outputs. You can input 8 channels and mix...
  4. R

Low powered amps damage speakers?

Apparently this widely believed claim is pretty much a myth. https://www.prosoundweb.com/are-underpowered-amplifiers-more-dangerous-to-loudspeakers-a-fresh-look-at-conventional-wisdom/
  5. R

Fan-less silent PC

I am going to build a completely silent PC to act as a music server. These folks will build you one for not much more than parts cost. https://www.quietpc.com/sys-sidewinder-i17 Decided to build my own because it will be fun and I am temporarily grounded by leg surgery. Yes, NUC’s are cheaper...
  6. R

TAS published my letter

Harley's response is typical. It sounds like it is full of really believable engineering stuff but it is actually mostly baloney. I am sure the average TAS reader now thinks he is a genius and I am a fool. I sent a response. Probably won't publish a lengthy exchange. First, thanks for...
  7. R

FS Crown XLS1502 $300 SOLD

3 years old. Like new condition. Used but not abused. Decided to go back to class A/B amp because I am old and old fashioned.
  8. R

SOLD!!!: Musical Fidelity V90 DAC $220 Shipped to Conus

I have had this for a little over three years. It is warrantied for 7 years. It sounds pretty much the same as every other DAC I have had. It is in a pretty cool looking package and has USB, optical, and coax inputs, selectable from the front panel switch.
  9. R

SOLD!!!: Emotiva PT100 DAC/Tuner/Preamp $235 Shipped to ConUS

This is just about a year old. Looks new. Original remote and upgraded remote. 2 Years left on factory warranty. I had no complaints about the sound from any digital or analog inputs. Replaced it with a very nice Mcintosh preamp that costs 16X as much and maybe sounds a little better but...
  10. R

SOLD!!!: Simaudio Moon 110LP Phono preamp $350 shipped to ConUS

Nice low noise phono preamp. I haven't had any of the really pricey ones but this is the quietest one I have ever used. You will only hear groove noise. https://www.musicdirect.com/phono-preamps/simaudio-moon-110lp-mmmc-phono-preamp-amoon110lpslv
  11. R

FS Schiit Saga Preamp SOLD

Owned only by me. Like new in appearance and performance. Comes with the original remote and the upgrade better looking one. Simple circuit, low distortion. Unity gain so if you're using a phono preamp it has to have enough output to drive your amp. Mine does.
  12. R

Article from the pro sound world about amp specification

https://www.prosoundweb.com/cross-purposes-is-your-amplifier-designed-to-drive-a-loudspeaker-or-a-heater/?utm_source=install&utm_medium=email&utm_name=productshowcase
  13. R

"Bass management" in a stereo system. My take.

A short while ago I posted about this not being as necessary as some think and got some vigorous pushback. Here I expound a bit more. If I want to use a subwoofer in my stereo system can I use a simple preamp output to drive the sub or do I need "bass management"? The answer is it depends...
  14. R

Amp shopping thoughts

So, as many may know, I recently purchased a Mcintosh C49 preamp because I wanted all the functions it has and no one really has all that for much cheaper. I have it connected to a Crown XLS1502 amp and PSB Imagine T2 speakers. Something in my semi-audiophile mind says that I should have a...
  15. R

Edit functions

This forum seems to have odd editing behavior. When I reply to a post I often want to edit the quoted post to only include the comment I am replying to. Highlighting and deleting doesn’t work. Backspacing over things works but it is interminably slow. On every other forum I go to the...
  16. R

Who knew? I need harmonics everywhere

Presented for your amusement. Audiogon ad popped up in my email this morning.https://add-powr.com/products
  17. R

I traded my Roon DSP for an analog EQ

I was using Roon DSP parametric EQ for room response correction in my two channel system. Since I am an old guy with a sizable LP collection I also was using a DBX 15 band graphic EQ for roughly replicating the correction when using an analog source. It was a pain because I had to patch it in...
  18. R

Cheap Roon server(used P.C.)

Got this set up and working today. Refurb Lenovo Thinkcentre I decided I wanted to get the Roon core off my main PC. I have a smallish collection of around 15,000 tracks. This is working great so far. I can detect no GUI lag. I swapped my DB over and swapped the music hard drive into it...
  19. R

Patch bays are as handy as pockets

I put one of these in my two channel rack several months ago. Behringer Ultrapatch If you have analog sources that you want to record to digital and have a modern preamp with no record outs. If you want to use an equalizer some of the time but not all of the time. If you sometimes want to...
  20. R

Stick PC/ Mini PC for streamer

Seems to me that one of these would make a nice bridge to a DAC for a streamer. I recently purchased a pro audio USB interface on Ebay that doesn't have any official Linux support. I know I can just connect my laptop to it but it seemed like a cool idea to have a micro pc dedicated to it. I...
Top Bottom